18: Avoidance and Tate

Kaycee's POV

"Kaycee, do you mind helping out in the kitchen?" Bailey asked. I'm currently here at her house, anyway. It's her birthday and she's throwing a party, which, by the was so lit. Her house is packed with guests and I just managed to go to the balcony before she came bugging in. "Please? The others are already there."

"Yeah... sure, Bai." I sighed and followed her into the kitchen. Surprisingly, it wasn't packed with people. Only Sean, Tate, Kenneth, and Taylor are there when we arrived.

"Alright, Kayc, just... help decorate the food." Bailey said, a little distracted. "Here, decorate the cupcakes. You've already done that before with Tahani, right?" Without waiting for my answer, she thrusts into my hands the pastry bag and a tray of cupcakes.

"Bailey, Matt's here!" Someone shouted from a distance. At once, Bailey ran outside, leaving us five.

"Ugh, Sean, stop it!" a shriek came out of Tate's and I quickly turn to her... I mean, them. She's helping Sean bake. The side of her face is covered with flour, probably because of Sean since they're playing around. "Seriously, Sean AHHHH–"

Ugh, so annoying.

I rolled my eyes and started working. Trying my best not to look at them again despite Tate's shrilly laugh which is really starting to get into my nerves.

Kenneth and Taylor also seem to be bothered by this. Whenever Tate laugh, the two of them gives me a meaningful glance.

Finally, someone — her friend, I guess? I don't know, for all I care really, came in and told her that somebody's looking for her outside. Much to everyone's relief or should I say except Sean's?

"Man, that hurt my eardrums." Taylor murmured as she went to stand beside me. Kenneth followed suit and now, I'm being sandwiched with these two.

"Yeah, it was so annoying." Kenneth agreed, mixing something on a bowl. "Lucky, she finally left."

I looked at Sean to see if he was listening but he's too focused with his work.

"What's up with Sean and you anyway?" Taylor said, eyeing me. I raised my eyebrow at her. "Oh come on, you've been avoiding each other for like, a week now!"

"Yeah, did you guys had another row?" Kenneth asked. "Because it's like Malibu all over again, you know? Seriously, you guys should stop acting like kids and sort your problems out."

"Whatever." I murmured, rolling my eyes at them and went back to work.

What an asshole. It's not like you've just confessed your feelings a week ago, huh? And now you're here laughing with some other girl when it's supposed to be ME making you laugh! Argh.

Right. So, you guys must be confused. So for you to understand quickly, let me just give a quick summary on what happened.

After Sean kis– after what happened, I ran away from his house and went straight to Tahani's. I was shookt, okay! And I don't know what to do. I mean, my long time crush have just literally confessed that he also likes me! So, I quickly left his house without any word because I really don't know what to say. Then, after telling Tahani what happened, she gave me her opinion and advised me to go talk with Sean but then! When I came to visit him the next morning, Serris told me he went out on a date! I saw Tate's Instagram story and saw his face. That's right, he's such an asshole.

I mean, you can't just do that to someone???

But yeah, the next thing I knew, we've been avoiding each other for a week now.

"You know that Tate likes Sean, right?" Taylor said after a few moments, causing me to jerk my head quickly towards her direction.

"What? How did you know that? Did she told you?"

"Kayc, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Tate likes Sean." Kenneth shrugged. "She's been showing it through her actions ever since."

Oh, wow. Really? Tss.

"Oh." was all I could say. I mean, how am I suppose to react about it? Besides, on my peripheral vision, I saw Sean's already finished with baking and he's now coming towards me– I mean, us.

"That looks delicious, Sean." Kenneth remarked, pointing the cake that Sean's carrying. "Bailey will be delighted."

"Well, it's her birthday and I just thought that I should bake her a cake for a birthday present, you know?" Sean said, reaching out the pastry bag near me. I grabbed it and handed it over to him. "Thanks," he mumbled, not even looking at me.

Alright, if that's the game you want to play. Go ahead, I wouldn't stop you. So annoying, I'm trying to reach out here, you know? Ughhh.

I finished decorating the last remaining cupcakes quickly and stormed out of the kitchen. On my way to the balcony, I passed Tate who flashed me a sweet smile but I just frowned at her.

"KAYCEE RICE! Just the girl I've been looking for." Julian said, putting an arm on my shoulder.

"Me? Why? Do you need something?" I said as he stirred us away from the crowd and led us to the corner. "Julian–"

"Do you like Sean or not?" He asked right away.

"What the heck? Julian are you drunk or some–" but I wasn't able to finish my words. He put his index finger up, indicating silence.

"I'm not drunk or anything, Kaycee, Chloe's gonna kill me. I'm asking you this because I really, really care for the both of you and I know that you've been avoiding each other for a week now. You guys need to talk to each other and resolve your problems."

"Oh, okay." was all I could say. Everything Julian said was still processing on my head. It's like, I've just given a fatherly advice or something.

"Kaycee, Sean likes you... a lot and I'd seriously kill to see the both of you date. Sean... girls fawn over him and boys fawn over you, Kaycee. So, just a friendly advice. If you like him, Kayc, go ahead and tell him. He already made his move and now it's your turn. Whether you like him, I hope, or not, you need to talk to him. Alright?" He finished and tapped my shoulder. "Oh, there's Josh. Gotta go, Kayc. Remember what I said!" Then, he vanished into the crowd.

Woah, that was... something? Then, as if my feet automatically knows where to go, I went back to the kitchen. Kenneth's the only person there.

"Where's Sean?" I asked.

"Oh, he just went outside with Tate. Said they're gonna go dancing or whatever." Kenneth shrugged.

"Well, shit." Then, I ran outside, only to be greeted by a swarm of people. How am I suppose to find him here??? Ugh, seriously now.

A/N:

Happy Cinco de Mayo! How's today's chapter? Really tried my best with this one and I hope you liked it. Comment down below your thoughts and let me know what you want to see in the upcoming chapters. ;))) And of course, don't forget to vote! 💙💙💙💙💙💙