The City

Chapter Fifteen

I wait by the gates of the school for Jett. It's not the first time we have left campus but we rarely do. When we do leave it's usually on the holidays and we are always followed by someone from the school.

Jett finally arrives and walks up next to me, "Morning!" He greets, drawing out the word,

"Morning." I mutter shortly and head out of the school with him.

Jett's wearing his black chain pants, a Parkway Drive band tee and a trench coat. I had put on some ripped skinny leg jeans with a studded belt, a Wednesday 13 top and a black leather jacket.

We have a bus stop right at the front of the school but that bus only runs on school days so Jett and I walk our long 40 minute walk to the other bus stop. Mr Dubee is around 100 metres behind us, Jett and I can clearly tell he's there.

When we finally reach the bus stop we have to wait a further 10 minutes before the bus comes. Mr Dubee has to stand near us to wait for the bus; he's wearing a long brown coat, sun glasses and a bowler hat. It makes him look so much more obvious.

It's 10am when we actually reach the city; the whole journey took over an hour. I get my money from the school, well not really the school more like some child support thing for orphans. I get $75 a week and because I rarely go shopping it adds up quite well, I had been saving it for when I finish school.

Jett and I walk into our first shop, it's down a shady alleyway with these steps into an underground room. It's called 'Death's Black Coat' and next to the sign is the words tattooing, piercings and clothing. All in all it looks dodgy as fuck and I wish I could see Mr Dubee's face when he realises he would have to either walk in as well or stand next to the alleyway until we come out.

We walk down the stone steps into the store. Gothic and punk clothing cover the racks along with band merch and some sexy time outfits. At the back behind the register is where they do tattoos and piercings. Right next to the steps is a large cabinet of bong, lighters and incense. Opposite that are the change rooms. Jett has got a few of his tattoos here and it's actually very professional and the tattooist is very nice. The floor is a dark wood, the wallpaper and an old looking grey with posters of concerts on them.

"Darcy!" Jett cries with excitement as he spots her looking at some shoes.

She's wearing another black Lolita dress, with her hair in two buns on top of her head. He runs over to her and throws her arms around her, she giggles happily and cuddles him. They are really cute... normally I find this stuff stupid but it makes me happy seeing them.

"Hey Darcy, long time no see." I say, walking over to them. She hasn't been able to visit since the first time I saw her, despite my previous uneasiness with her I was excited to see her again.

"Hey Eva, I'm really glad we could meet up! It's going to be so much fun and when you join us at the mansion on the holidays we'll have heaps of more fun days like this!" Darcy exclaims.

I hadn't formally agreed to going to the mansion yet but I know deep in my heart that I was always going to choose to go.

Jett holds her hand, "Yeah we can get you some tattoos and piercings."

Darcy looks frightened, "Uh... but I... I'm scared of needles." She stutters, whispering the last part and blushing with embarrassment.

"Yeah you should have seen how hard it was for her to get the symbol tattooed on her wrist." A unfamiliar male voice says. "My name is Blade."

I hadn't realised the man standing behind me and he brushes past, knocking my shoulder slightly as he stands next to Darcy. The difference between the two is so great it's almost comical. While Darcy is petite with blonde hair with cute outfits and no piercings or tattoos, Blade is an incredible contrast. Blade is very tall, taller than Jett by at least a foot with a steady build. His hair is pretty short, a small fringe with small flicks of hair across his head. His face is covered in piercings, a bridge, eyebrow, snakebites, labret, nose and numerous helixes as well as stretchers in his ears. He's wearing a black tank top with ripped jeans and from what skin I can see it is covered from chin to toe with tattoos. His eyes are a very dark brown and his gaze is hard.