TWENTY

Chapter 20

Scarlet's POV

"Sam, I need to talk to you, asap." I shouted from down stairs, from the kitchen. Sam is currently in her room, going God knows what.

"Coming." I her say. I waited for a few seconds and saw her casually walking down the stairs into the kitchen, where I am currently making lunch. "I'm here." She sounded joyful as if the crying session earlier was forgotten.

"I got a message from your dad that he wants you to go to Ireland with them." I stated as I chop some onions. I'm currently making lunch for both Sam and I.

"He said that?!" Samantha asked surprised. "I talked to him last night and he never mentioned that."

"I think it's because Matt ended the call before he could say anything else. He tried calling you, but you were no longer reachable. I think you fell asleep or what."

"Oh. I was on the phone with Connor after he called." Sam casually uttered.

"I see." I said unconvinced. I know she wasn't on the phone with Connor because that night, the boys had a show. Connor cannot talk to Sam at 9 in the evening when their show started at 8. But I didn't insist and just believe her lies. "You better call him or what. But I think they left already. You can double check."

"Umm. Okay." She said at the same time turning away from me and started walking back to where she was earlier.

"Do you want to eat lunch with me in a while or I'll just leave something for you?" I said before she disappeared. "I guess not."

She's acting really weird. Even if I barely know the truth behind her unusual actions, I believe there is more to it and she's not willing to tell me. Might as well find someone who can give clarity to everything that could possibly be bothering Sam.

I set aside chopping and grab my phone and dialed Riley's number.

----

Sam's POV

I flop on my bed the moment I entered my room. I didn't believe what Scarlet told me. But unconsciously I dialed Dad's number and waited for him to answer. In the fourth ring, he finally answered.

"Dad?" I said before he could say anything else. "Did you leave already?"

"We're currently at the airport, Sammy?" He answered. "Why you ask? Do you need anything?"

"It's nothing Dad. Have a safe trip and see you soon." I said and ended the call before he could say anything more.

It seems that Scarlet lied. But why? And why she know that Matt ended the call before dad could say anything. Did she really lie or she's telling the truth. But nonetheless it's suspicious. Did she notice my sudden change of attitude or she's just fooling with me. But it's not Scarlet's personality to do such things. She tries to mind her own business and knows how to wait for me to open up. I already opened up. Is there something I forgot to mention to her?

Oh, yeah. I totally forgot to tell her that Riley is nothing telling the truth about his encounter with Sky. But do I have to tell her? She's not officially Riley's girlfriend. They just met and whole hotel thing was just a complete joke. But who cares right? I'm no longer the same girl she used to know. I have been broken down into pieces and I don't think all those pieces are back to where it should have been.

I just lay in bed for the rest of the afternoon trying to contemplate about the motives of a family, I never heard about, to kill my mother. Mom is a great person. She never steps on people just to reach what she had reached. She's the best person ever. What could have she done to upset someone and give them motives to kill her?