Zabuza vs Red (part one)

Start from the beginning

       I quickly moved in front of Tazuna to guard him, my eyes never leaving Sasuke and Haku who were standing in the water from the clones earlier.  I wanted to intervene, but I knew Sasuke could handle it.  That and he’d never forgive me for getting in the way of his first real fight.  He deserved it with as hard as he’s worked.  But at the first sign of Sasuke faltering, I would step in.

       “I don’t want to have to kill you, but you won’t stand down, will you?” Haku more so stated than asked.

       A drop of sweat raced down the side of Sasuke’s face, “Don’t be foolish.”

       “I see…  But you won’t be able to keep up with my speed next time.  Plus, I already have two advantages.”

       I saw Sasuke’s eyes widen just a hair for a fraction of a second, “Two advantages?” He asked the question cooly but I could still hear a little bit of fear.  It’s never good when another ninja says confidently that they have the upper hand, even if they really don’t.  But Haku didn’t seem like a ninja to waste his breath on something he wasn’t positive about.

       “The first is the water on the ground, the second is that I have already occupied one of your arms,” Haku’s head tilted slightly to the side, gauging Sasuke’s reaction, “You’ll only be able to run from my attacks now.”

       Haku lifted his left hand to his face, holding Sasuke off with his right, and began forming signs quickly.  I’d never seen anyone form signs single-handedly before, and I quickly began to recognize them.

       “Special jutsu: flying water needles,” Haku breathed.  The water beneath Sasuke and Haku flew up in the air and froze into sharp icicles.  I watched Sasuke, I didn’t know if I needed to get involved yet.  I bit down on my tongue hard, he had to have a plan…  He had to think on his feet.  I watched Sasuke’s chakra flow, it flew down to his legs and into the soles of his feet.  He did have a plan, and all I could do was hope he could execute it flawlessly.  The icicles began racing towards him at blinding speed, Haku leapt out of the way before they could hit, and Sasuke used his focused chakra to spring into the air, out of the ice’s way.

       In the air, he threw three throwing stars down at Haku which Haku flipped to avoid, but just barely.

       “You’re pretty slow,” Sasuke mocked.  He had gotten behind Haku, “From now on, you’ll only be able to run from my attacks.”

       Sasuke gripped a kunai in his hand and lunged at Haku, who abruptly spun around and ducked to avoid being cut only to be met by Sasuke’s foot kicking him hard in the stomach to send him flying back to Zabuza.

       Sasuke smirked smugly, “Looks like I have the advantage in speed.”

      “I can’t have you underestimating my team by calling them brats.  I’ll have you know that Sasuke is the Leaf Village’s number one rookie…  And the other one is…,” Kakashi paused for a moment, “the other one is the show-off, hyperactive, number one loudest ninja in the village.”