12. Safe And Sound

The two of you walk to the garden and sit on a bench that overlooks the entire scene. Black roses against red vines and a black sky. The strong scent of the flowers obviously reminds you of the tea. It soothes you almost as effectively as the tea itself. 

Just being in a familiar location with someone who keeps you safe relaxes you. You can finally get a grip on the world around you and come to your senses. Dark watches and waits, wanting to confirm that you are stable to talk before pushing you on about the topic. 

"I want to know what happened, but only if you are ready to tell me."

You nod and look at your hands. You squeeze your eyes shut and breath in and out. In and out. Trying to slow your heart rate or just to calm it down so it doesn't beat out of your chest. 

When you finally stop sniffing and can talk without your voice cracking, you explain everything that happened after Dark left to the best of your ability. You don't look at him, because some things are a little personal and embarrassing to say, but you can feel his eyes remain on you the entire time you speak, taking in each word and listening for more. 

When you finish, he waits to talk in case you have anything else to say, but when he knows you are all out of words, he says, "Thank you for telling me this, (y/n). And I am sincerely sorry that you are going through this. But trust me when I say, that things like this will never happen again when Antisepticeye is found and caught."

"But he's here though," you say both meaning in your head and in the castle."

"And I have a very good lead on him. All because of you."

Now you look at him with tears in your eyes. Something melts in your heart. 

"You are doing such a marvelous job. And I want to comfort you as much as possible during the time until he is caught."

You nod and steady your breathing. Your eyes are so heavy from all that crying. Dark sees it too. 

"You need to sleep," he says soothingly. 

You shake your head. "I don't want to. He'll come back and just falling asleep is an invitation for him." 

"Come to my office. There is a couch in there where you can rest. I have some work to do, but I will be in the same room as you. I don't need sleep anyway, so if you have a nightmare, I will be there to make things alright. And I will not leave until you are fully rested." 

Usually, you would say no. It's just weird to sleep in a guy's office as they work and have them baby you, but you are so exhausted that you can't think straight. You nod, hoping that you won't regret this decision, and you stand up to leave. 

Dark leads you to his office, the familiar place where you first chatted with him formally. Before you really got to know Dark, this room seemed eerie and uncomfortable, but the couch across the room looks so inviting, you can not wait to dive into the blankets and sleep for years. 

You get yourself settled, and Dark watches you from his desk where he is organizing things. When he sees you are okay, he sits down with his back facing you. You curl up into the soft blankets and stare at the back of Dark's soft black hair until you fall asleep, feeling the comfort of knowing that he won't leave you. 

A/N

No. THIS is the quickest update. I am on a roll today! Woo!

I need a life.

sorry its so short. This needed to be a chapter in itself because if it was added onto another one then it would be too long. 

Good stuff coming up tho.