•14•

It's already been a week since you've all returned from France. With all those excuses you were able to provide and rescues given by some of your closest friends, who stubbornly wouldn't do anything unless they receive something in return, and sadly in your situation, you had to pay for her meal. Which was expensive by the way. The girl practically devours everything like a pig, but still manages to look fit!

As you were saying. You've been trying to avoid your boss at all cost, constantly asking, that sometimes would turn to having you beg literally, someone to deliver the files to his office instead of you.

As usual, like what you've been doing the past few days. You quickly stuff your things inside your backpack, constantly glancing over your wrist watch for the time. You send your co-workers a quick wave before dashing out the door.

Patiently waiting for the elevator to meet you, your phone vibrates against your palm.

You take a glance at the caller, gulping slightly before answering your boss.

"Hello?" You start, hesitantly. "Where are you?" Shuffles of papers could be heard on the other side, shutting of a door following afterwards.

Your finger unconsciously presses against the down button one more time, before answering him. "Um...I-I'm already home." You internally scolded yourself for stuttering the answer out, if possible, you wished to have the grim reaper take you out this very instant, but then again. You don't want to die, not when you haven't dated anyone yet!

"Quit lying Y/n, I just saw you leaving. Now tell me where you are now, or so help me."

You let out a faint yelp when spotting him walking out from a hallway, his phone pressed against his ear. He hasn't noticed you yet, you hope he doesn't, cause for starters. He looked really mad.

You felt your heart drop to the ground when he turns and locks gazes with your definitely horrified ones.

"Found you."

To your luck, the elevator had opened at that very moment. Immediately ending the call with Jungkook, you slipped yourself inside the room, before endlessly pushing the close button, praying that it'll close soon.

You feel sweat emerging from your pores, your eyes traveling to your boss again. Your pressing only paces more when he starts running towards your direction. You're internally cursing the stupid metals in different languages right now. Your palm starts sweating, eyes traveling back and forth from the heavy metals, the button before meeting your boss once again.

Oh how thankful you were to hear the rumble coming from the side reaching your ears. It was starting to close and you're sure of the fact that He wouldn't be able to make it as of this moment, your body relaxing at the thought.

Just when you thought you'd be able to escape him, your left surprised, heart accelerating once again, when he's managed to slip himself right in before the heavy metals closed shut.

He takes his time catching his breath, one hand resting on the silver pole, the other on the wall, his back facing you.

You unconsciously scoot your body to the far corner, opposite to him.

It was silent, only his breathing echoing the small room accompanied by the vibration outside. Not only were you feeling nervous but mostly scared to have the person you've been trying to avoid all this time, in front of you. The fact that it was only two of you inside? Made you want to bury yourself alive.

You wish you could've turned back time, right before you ever decided to avoid him. Maybe then you wouldn't be able to feel this scared just by his presence.

Your body flinches when he turns and locks gazes with you. By the way his brow norrowed, eyes piecing right through your soul, his jaw clenching, you definitely know you've crossed the limit.

"Are you trying to avoid me?" Even with the expression he had on, you were able to pick up that hint of hurt from his words.

You and Jungkook have been BestFriends since forever. You two were always there for each other growing up. The fact that you indeed were trying to avoid him, made you feel guilty inside.

"No." You tried to sound as normal as possible, but to your dismay, he doesn't buy it.

He scoffs lightly, before taking slow strides towards your already cornered figure.

"Really?" He raises a brow, unamused and unsatisfied with your answer, His eyes traveling to your every features as he traps you in between his arms.

You're left frozen, nevertheless, you find yourself doing the same. You've never really paid attention to jungkooks changes for a while now. He certainly had matured during the years. Those baby cheeks you used to teasingly pinch, shallowed into a stronger looking jaw. His body looking more built now, compared to those highschool years you two have shared. You frown when you remembered that he belonged to your sister.

His soothing voice meets your ears, taking you away from your delusional thoughts. When you meet his eyes, you notice he wasn't looking at you. Your mind once again rumbles when seeing the approximity you both were in. He was so close, hovering your trapped figure.

You try to follow where his eyes were looking at. Surely he had his gaze glued to one of your features.

You flinch when he looks up at you.

"Can I-..." He trails off, as if hesitantly. He brings his bottom lip in between his teeth as he drops his gaze down again to where he was previously looking at.

Your eyes widens when you finally know what feature he was staring at.

"Can I kiss you?"

Lips.