at the station-chap 1

"OK who's cleaning the showers today cause i'm done so done I've cleaned it for the last week so its somebody else's turn" Montgomery says as he sits down at the table ready to eat his breakfast.

"well actually today as me working captain no one has to clean showers or any chores well at least not yet anyway" Gibson says as he takes he's seat.

"Are you sure about that" Andy says pissed off about the fact that Gibson is going around changing rules left and right like he owns the place "Rules are made for a reason"

"yep i'm sure and i'm working captain so you can just shut up ok Andy" Gibson says not even bothering to look up from his breakfast.

Andy stands up shaking her head, slams her chair into the table and storms out.

"seriously Gibson, what's your problem did you really need to tell her to shut up" Bishop says as she stands up and runs after Andy.

The rest of the crew watches the scene unfold in disbelief. "seriously Gibson whats your problem her dad just died and this is how your treating her" Hughes says as she begins to stand up to go find out if Andy is OK.

"you know what Vic  just shut it OK and mind your own business" Gibson says coldly but deep down he knew he shouldn't have been so rude he couldn't even begin to imagine what Andy would be feeling right now.

"Aye Gibson take a walk"  Montgomery says as he stands up after watching Vic run after Andy 

As Gibson was about to reply to Montgomery "STATION 19 building fire Victoria ST" they all jumped up and run to the truck. Gibson and Miller were in the front of the truck leaving Montgomery Andy and Bishop in the back with Warren in the Aid car.

"hey you OK" Montgomery says to the brunette sitting across from him with her head in her hands.

"yeah yeah I'm fine" Andy replies not lifting her head. Montgomery knew she wasn't fine he lost his husband he knows how hard it is to lose someone and he knew that she probably wasn't ready to come back to work yet but that wasn't up to him his job was just to try his best to keep her safe today.