Chapter 30

~Niall's POV~

The past week has definitely been the worst in Directioner history. Basically, Harry, Zayn, Louis, Amy, and I have gotten absolutely no word on Liam's condition, all we know is he isn't dead. We don't know if there's a high chance of him dying, if he has serious brain damage, or if he's even awake. And since we don't know, none of our fans know either. So our time is being spent moping around the house, taking turns trying to distract Amy, and seeing if #PrayForLiam and #GetWellSoonLiam are still trending on Twitter, like they have been ever since Harry used them in a tweet saying that Liam is alive. The only time any of us have left the house since Liam was shot is when we had a group press conference about the Greg and Liam situation, basically us announcing what's going on and starting all this. Like I said, well, though, that was a week ago. I really need to stop talking to myself, but I've been doing it a lot lately because none of us feel like actually talking out loud. Or signing, for that matter.

Zayn hasn't left his room in days, Louis and Harry are ignoring each other (they've been fighting over useless things all week, both of them are just really irritated), and I'm spending most of my time in the kitchen, either eating or staring at the wall, over-thinking everything, and crying, like I am right now. I mean, seriously, you'd think I'd be out of tears by now but I still have like a steady stream going down my cheeks that I've given up on trying to control. So basically, no one is in a very good condition, and I think Paul is trying to get us together, but I've been ignoring everyone lately, so I don't really know. As soon as someone says the word Liam, though, I'm all ears. Or all tears, depends on the context.

I hear a slam that startles me from my thoughts, and I turn to see Harry glaring at a closed cabinet like it just told him he was fat. He's probably still angry at Louis for whatever they were arguing about this time, and when Harry is angry he's angry at everything. I'm not sure if Harry has actually physically hit anyone, I know Louis' punched a couple walls but I'm not sure about people. I know I shouldn't mess with Harry when he's in a mood, so I watch silently as he walks around the kitchen, looking in all the cabinets and the fridge before apparently deciding that we have no food. At this point his settles with pacing back and forth, running a hand through his hair. Just like Liam always does when he's frustrated.

That thought is all it takes to open the floodgates, and soon I'm crying hysterically for the eightieth time this week. Every time I even think about Liam I explode in tears, I really can't help it. My eyes are squeezed shut, attempting to stop the flow of water streaming down my face, so I feel Harry before I see him. He pulls me into a hug and lets me put my head on his shoulder, crying into his shirt. "Nialler, it's okay. He's going to be fine." Harry says softly, and I bury my face into his neck in response, shaking my head.

"What if he isn't fine? What if he's gonna die and they just haven't told us? What if he's already dead? What if he lives but he forgets all of us? What if he's different? What then?" I ask, the questions pouring out of my mouth like the tears from my eyes. Harry doesn't respond, he just rocks back and forth a bit, taking me with him. See, this is why people think I'm younger than him, because sometimes I act like a baby and Harry acts like my mum or something. Usually Liam would, but...

"Stop, Nialler." Harry says sternly. "Don't think like that. Think positive, okay? Greg is gone, he won't hurt us anymore. All of the religious fans are praying for him and probably some of the non-religious ones, too. And Liam is one of the strongest people I know, and not just physically. He'll be fine, we just have to wait." Harry says. Everyone's been calling me Nialler lately, it was just Liam when I was getting my memory back but now it's everyone. Even Paul is calling me Nialler when he attempts to talk to me. Even though it annoys me a bit, I have to say I do kinda like it. The nickname makes me a bit happier.