Chapter 15

~Niall's POV~

I wake up and open my eyes, not surprised when all I see is black. I guess I'm still blindfolded, then. I squirm around and decide that not only are my wrists tied together, so are my ankles, and I'm gagged again. I hear a motor running softly, then the ground beneath me jumps slightly, making me fly up a bit then fall, hitting my arm on the ground hard. I whimper a little, then there's a hand on my shoulder, and I freeze.

"Good, you're awake. Only took two weeks." Greg says. Two weeks?! Last thing I remember is Liam and Harry talking to Greg, then I fainted. I was out for two entire weeks? "And perfect timing, too, right in time for my plan to be put into action." I try to squirm away but his hand has an iron grip on my shoulder, keeping me from moving. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Horan." I stop struggling and Greg laughs. "Basically, I decided that I don't need you anymore, so I'm letting you go." I feel my hopes rise, then crash down when he continues. "Sort of. You're almost dead, anyways, you lost a lot of blood a couple of weeks ago, one more cut should be enough to end you. I'm thinking reopen that slash across your chest, drop you off in the middle of nowhere, and let you bleed yourself out." He says. I'm going to die. I'm too young to die!

"We're here, sir." An unfamiliar voice says, and Greg's hand leaves my shoulder.

"You know what to do." Greg says simply, and I hear him walk away, at some point getting out of whatever van or truck we're in. I'm picked up, probably by the second man, and carried somewhere, out of the car. I feel the sun on my face, then darkness again.

"Don't worry, boy. It will all be over soon." The man says, and I feel a sharp pain going across my chest. "Greg wanted it to be as painful as possible, sorry kid." He says, sounding genuinely sympathetic as I whimper. I feel myself being shoved into what appears to be a bag and groan a little. Seriously?! You're stuffing me in a bag?! How cliche is that? I'm thrown roughly to the ground and I cry out as footsteps walk away from me and I'm left alone. Unable to do anything else I whimper in pain for a bit, fully aware of the tears streaming down my face. At some point I guess I black out, because all at once the pain disappears.

~•~•~•~•~

I wake up when I hear voices. I'm not sure how long I was out, but at least I'm still alive.

"What's this bag doing here?" I hear a girl who sounds like a teenager ask. Maybe she's a fan and she'll recognize me!

"I don't know, should we see what's inside?" Another girl asks, kicking the bag. I whimper, she kicked my right in the chest, and both girls gasp.

"Let me see, it could be an animal or something." A man's voice says, and I hear the bag opening. This time there are three gasps, and someone pulls off the blindfold. I blink a few times, adjusting to the unfamiliar light, then take a good look at the face in front of me, one of the girls. She reaches forward and I shrink back, scared for no reason other than that I currently trust no one. The girl looks at the man, who only looks a little older than me, maybe Louis's age, and he reaches forward, picking me up and holding me against his chest. "He's hurt badly. Cuts everywhere, and he's lost a lot of blood. Emma, call the police. Mia, call 911." Wait, 911? I'm in America?! I start squirming and yelling into the ductape, and the man stands, still holding me. "Calm down, you'll hurt yourself. I promise you can trust me and my sisters." He says, and I nod a little. "I'm going to take the ductape off, okay?" He asks, and I nod again. He pulls the ductape off slowly and I wince, wishing I could rub my stinging cheeks. "What's your name? I'm Andy." The man says, his eyes full of compassion. I decide to trust him, because what else can I do?

"I-I'm N-Niall." I stutter, having not spoken for god knows how long, my voice is really weak. Both girls gasp, turning to me.

"Niall? As in Niall Horan?" One, I think it's Emma, asks in disbelief. I nod, and she screams, partially excited and partially in relief. "Andy, this is the boy from that band I like, One Direction? He's the one who's been missing for three months." My eyes widen and I stare at the girl.