Chapter 21

~Niall's POV~

I stare at Liam, who is still glaring at me from his position on the bed. "Liam, what's wrong?" I ask, starting to get worried for my friend's sanity. He frowns, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I'm trying to protect you, Niall! You're one of my best friends, and I'd rather die than see you get hurt!" He says. I can't help it, I start laughing, despite the situation. Liam looks incredibly confused, as do the two doctors holding him back.

"Well I'd rather get hurt and have you alive than get out uninjured and lose my friend. I'm 100% sure that that's why I let Greg kidnap me, Liam. I barely remember what happened but I know that one thing for sure. I also know I spent about half the time in a coma, but that's not the point right now. The point is, as long as you're alive, it doesn't matter how much I get hurt." I finish my short speech and Liam nods, looking at his sister.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Amy." He says slowly, and she shakes her head.

"Don't be." She says, still unable to say more than a few words at a time. Liam smiles, and the doctors release his arms and let him embrace his sister.

"Love ya, sis." Liam says, leaning back and doing the sign for love. Amy signs it back, along with another sign that I think means brother, and everyone smiles. Then the doctors pull the two apart, forcing Liam to lie down in the bed so they can examine his chest. I think he's going to be here for a while.

~Harry's POV~

We sit outside the room for ages, waiting for news on Liam. Niall finally walks out, followed by Amy and a doctor, and we all look at the last man intensely, wanting information.

The doctor sighs, smiling. "He'll be fine. The cut wasn't deep, but if Niall here hadn't moved Greg's arm, the blade would have stabbed him straight through his heart, not just scratched the surface. If our suspicions and Liam's words are correct, Greg cut himself more than he cut Liam, which means Liam probably did put a tracker in Greg's hand like he said. He's been carrying it around so your bodyguard, I think Liam said his name was Paul, could keep track of him. Liam saw an opportunity and took it, and now your guard can track Greg." The doctor explains. Apparently Liam isn't afraid to trust doctors with information. All of us have trackers that we keep in our pockets, other than Niall, obviously. Even Amy has one. Niall looks unconvinced.

"Why was Liam acting so bipolar? One second he was happy, the next he was worried about my face, and then he was about to rip my throat out." Niall says, surprising Louis, Zayn, and I. Amy looks completely clueless, so I poke her shoulder to get her attention and start signing the conversation to her. It's a good thing I learned sign language since Niall's forgotten and Liam isn't exactly here right now.

The doctor sighs, looking at the clipboard in his hand. "Liam has been very stressed, I believe the stress has just gone to his head. I don't think there is anything to worry about, just give him time." He finishes, smiling. "You will all be staying here until Niall and Liam have healed, your bodyguard and Mr. Cowell decided it would be safest for you boys and girl. Good luck with Greg." He says, walking away. I'm honestly not surprised he knows about Greg, I mean, the entire world does. You would think with the entire world looking for this guy we would have at least found a clue, but all we know is that he was in the hospital about an hour ago. Also, somehow he managed to get Niall from Doncaster to Minnesota without anyone, including Niall, realizing it. Which is raising some serious questions, mainly 'How the heck did he get across the ocean?!?!?!?!'

"Niall, your room is next door to Liam's." Paul says, and I realize for the first time that he's standing behind me. "Louis and Harry are staying with Niall, Zayn and Amy are staying with Liam. Each room has three beds, that's why. Niall and Liam cannot leave their rooms but the rest of you are allowed to move freely between them during the day. The cafeteria is pretty bad, so Simon or I will bring food here. The most important rule is no leaving the hospital. This is currently the safest place for all of you." He finishes, and I nod.

"Um, Paul? That's your name, right?" Niall says softly, probably intimidated by our bodyguard. Paul nods, and Niall continues. "If the hospital is so safe, how did that Greg guy get in here? And do you know where he is?" He asks, his bright blue eyes filled with fear. It completely breaks my heart to see my carefree friend so scared, because he doesn't deserve this. No one does, not even Liam. I still can't help but wonder why Greg hates Liam so much... That's it. Next time I go in there I'm asking him.

Paul sighs, looking at Niall. "There will be security around your rooms at all times. We would move you to a different part of the hospital, but Greg would still find you, Niall. The tracker is practically implanted in your bone, there is no way to get it out so you'll be stuck with it forever, and Greg will always be able to find you unless we find a way to shut it off. I promise you will be as safe as possible, and there will be no repeat of the past three months. Harry, Louis, why don't you take Niall to his room and show him a music video. Maybe Kiss You? It'll get his mind off of everything and we can start trying to get his memory back." He says, looking at Louis, Niall, and I. Paul hands me a laptop and I turn, walking into the room next to the one Niall came out of. There are three beds, just like he said, and Niall sits on the middle one, reaching for the laptop. I give it to him and sit next to him, and Louis sits on his other side. I reach over Niall to open YouTube and search for the video. After a bit of buffering the video loads and Niall smiles, watching the video progress. When it ends, he surprises me by laughing and turning to me.

"You have four nipples?" He asks, and I nod, a bit disappointed. I was hoping the video would trigger some memories, but it didn't seem to do anything. Niall sees my face and smiles. "Zayn can't swim, Liam is sort of afraid of spoons, Louis used to always wear stripes, and you once prank called a hair dresser and told them that you wanted to shave your curls off. Why the heck am I remembering the most random things?!" He says, happy and frustrated at the same time. I laugh, remembering Louis's stripe faze, my prank call, and the video where Liam announced his fear of spoons. Niall's eyes go a bit unfocused, and he looks at the wall in front of us for a bit. "Didn't Amy and Liam meet because they both gave themselves concussions on Liam's birthday?" He asks suddenly, snapping out of his little trance. I look at Louis and we both nod, remembering Liam's reaction.

"He had never looked happier in his life." I say, thinking about Liam's face when he realized he had finally found his sister. "Niall, are you really serious about getting your memories back? I mean, I understand about the first few years, but what about these past months?" I ask, curious. Niall nods, completely serious, which is pretty rare for him, especially since he lost all of the bad parts of his life.

"I know it was bad, but I feel like Greg told me things that were important. It's a bit hazy, but I remember parts of it. For instance, I know that I was in and out of comas the entire time. And I also know that I was already starting to lose my memory of that time because I was confused when Emma told me it had been three months, because I had already forgotten most of what happened to me. I need to know what happened to me, all of it. Because I feel like Greg did things that none of us know about, and I'm sure that he said some things that might give us clues. If I remember, maybe I'll know why he is after Liam."