Chapter 17

~Niall's POV~

"L-Lia-am, w-what-t h-hap-pen-ned t-to m-my a-arm?" I ask weakly, stuttering insanely and my accent particularly strong.

Liam's eyes widen, and he puts my arm down softly beside the rest of my body. "Niall, tell me what you're most worried about right now." He says, dead serious. I think for a moment and smile a little.

"B-besid-des m-my ar-rm?" I ask shakily, and Liam cracks a smile as well, nodding. I look him over and confusion rises in me.

"D-did you g-get a h-haircut?" I ask, completely ignoring his question. Liam now looks even more worried, and he runs a hand through his hair, which looks a lot less like Justin Beiber and makes him look a lot older. "Oh, and I-I'm worried about t-the S-semi's." I say, stuttering a bit less than before. Liam shakes his head.

"No no no, this is not good." He mutters, turning to the girl so she can see his face. "Amy, get Andy." Liam demands, and Amy's eyes widen as she stands, running out of the room. She returns a moment later followed by Louis, Harry, Zayn, and two unfamiliar men. One last man walks into the room and I smile. Simon! One of the unfamiliar men walks over to me, sitting beside me and across from Liam.

"Niall, how old are you?" He asks, and I recognize him as the man who is always talking to Liam. He must be Andy, and I guess he's a doctor. I stare at him like he's insane.

"Y-you're a d-doctor, sh-shouldn't you kn-know my age?" I ask, frowning. "I'm s-sixteen." I add, figuring that he wants me to answer. Liam looks sad, and the others, minus Andy and the other man, gasp.

"Niall," Simon says calmly, "do you know who everyone here is?" He asks, and I look around the room.

"I kn-know Liam, Z-Zayn, Harry, and L-Louis, obviously, we're One D-direction. And I kn-know you, because y-you're our mentor. L-Liam, you n-never answered me. D-don't we have the S-semi-Final's tomorrow?" I ask, and Simon sighs, rubbing his head, while Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Liam exchange looks. "I k-know you-" I point at the doctor next to me- "are Andy, and y-you're a doctor, but I have no c-clue who the little girl and the other g-guy are. All I know is the girl's n-name is Amy because Liam said it, and sh-she told me that Liam m-missed me so I fought the d-darkness and finally was able to open m-my eyes." Everyone but Liam and Amy stare at me like I grew an extra nose.

"Niall, Amy can't talk." Simon says, looking at the little girl.

"Actually, she did tell Niall that I needed him." Liam says, drawing all the attention to him. "She signed that she was trying to learn to talk and I said that I missed Niall, and I guess she tried to copy me and it worked." He explains.

"Okay, all that aside, what are we going to do about Niall?" Harry asks, and I look more closely at all of my friends.

"I'm c-confused. Liam g-got a haircut, Zayn's g-got a quiff, H-Harry's got bigger curls, and L-Louis no longer l-looks like B-Beiber. Also, y-you all l-look older." I say, and they all pretty much simultaneously sigh, which kinda freaks me out a bit.

"Niall, we are older. You're twenty, not sixteen, and the X-Factor is long over." Liam says, and my eyes widen as I shake my head.

"I-impossible! D-did I sleep f-for four years?!" I ask, becoming frantic. "D-did I miss the semi's? Oh crap, I did, didn't I! I r-ruined it!" I exclaim, and Liam puts a hand over my mouth, stopping me from saying more.

"Niall, you didn't miss the semi's. You got through them and to the finals, actually. You appear to have lost four years of your memory." Andy says, and it's my turn to stare at him.

"Did we w-win? What happened? W-why am I in the h-hospital?" I ask, looking around. Everyone looks at Andy, who starts signing something in sign language. Dang, I've always wanted to learn but I never got around to it. When he finishes, Harry, Liam, Amy, and the one guy I don't know nod, and all of them but Amy start whispering to everyone else.