Chapter 26

~Liam's POV~

I answer my phone as soon as I see the name, putting it on speaker. "What do you want, Greg?" I spit out, my tears quickly forgotten as I think about the evil man.

"I wanted you to know that I have a friend of yours with me." Greg says, laughing.

"What?!" I ask, and Greg laughs even more.

"Say hi, boy." Greg commands, and I hear a muffled scream that I can immediately place.

"ZAYN!" I yell, and Greg's laughs get louder then abruptly cut off as the call ends. Paul pulls out his own phone and storms out of the room, talking to the police. Niall calls Louis, and I call Harry, sighing in relief when he picks up.

"Harry, get to the house now. Greg has Zayn." I say, running a hand through my hair. Harry doesn't make a sound and the phone quickly cuts off, about the same time Niall hangs up on Louis. We both run downstairs and I find myself looking at Paul, Preston, Ian, and about twenty other guards who are listening to the three. Ian finishes whatever he was saying and the guards walk out the front and back doors, scattering across our yards. After a few minutes, four come back in, Louis and Harry in the middle of them. Harry has a bruise on his cheek and Louis is limping a bit.

"What happened to you two?" Niall asks, even though we already know the answer.

"Greg. He grabbed Zayn and ran. We tried to get to him but he punched me and kicked Louis and we lost him. I assume he called you?" Harry says, and I nod. My phone vibrates so I take it out, reading my newest text.

'I have one, there are only two to go. Warn the bromance if you'd like, it won't effect anything.'

The text reads, and I know what it means immediately. "Harry, Louis, I think he's after you two next." I say, and my phone buzzes again.

'I hear everything, I see everything. I see your guards, the bruise on Harry's cheek, the sunglasses on Higgins' head. Just know that I am watching you, Liam. And Zayn is watching, too.'

I gasp, looking around the room. "How? He can hear us, he can see us. He knows exactly what we're doing, all the time. Paul, where is Amy?" I ask, looking at the bodyguard.

"Mandi's." He says, and I nod.

"Can you call Mandi's parents and ask if Amy can stay there for a while? Explain the situation. She'll be safer there." I say, and Paul pulls out his phone, walking away once again. The rest of us just exchange glances for a while until Niall and Harry both leave, walking upstairs and into their rooms. Louis follows soon after, and I sigh, going into my own room. This is going to be over soon, I feel it. But I can't help but feel like the dream I had in the hospital was more than a dream. Zayn, Harry, and Louis were the three in the room. Does that mean I'm going to die?

~Zayn's POV~

I listen to Greg talk to Liam, and he says something about me saying hi. I sit still for a second, then Greg kicks my bruised leg and I scream into the cloth he stuffed in my mouth. I'm sitting on the floor of a room. All I remember is Greg grabbing me, Harry and Louis chasing us, then darkness, and now I'm here. The room is completely empty other than the nondescript door and wooden floors. I'm sitting in a corner, and Greg is standing next to me. He hasn't really done anything to me as of yet, just hit my legs a few times, but I'm not saying that doesn't hurt, because it does. "ZAYN!!" I hear Liam scream while Greg laughs, hanging up the phone and looking at me.

"Don't worry, Zayn. Your friends Louis and Harry will be joining you soon, you just have to be patient. And then my plan will be put into action. Because we all know what Liam will do for his friends." Greg says, pacing across the room. Please please please don't come Liam, no matter what Greg does...

~•~•~•~•~

I look at the wall, thoughts buzzing through my head. Greg left a while ago, and I've just been sitting here ever since, waiting for him to come back. I'm not sure how long it's been, the only light I get is from the bulb above my head, and there aren't any windows. I heard Greg talking to someone outside the room earlier, and what they said worried me.

"We'll get Styles tomorrow, then Tomlinson the next day. Leave Payne's sister and Horan alone, just the three will be enough." Greg says, his voice floating through the door. I perk up a bit, listening to the conversation.

"Got it." A deep voice replies. "Styles has an individual meeting tomorrow, we'll pick him up after that. Tomlinson will be more difficult, but it still won't be a challenge."

"Then all I have to do is send the email to Payne. He'll do what I say because he knows the consequences. Payne'll risk anything for people he thinks don't deserve it, and that includes his bandmates. Keep Malik, Styles, and Tomlinson pretty much unharmed and threaten Payne with their lives and he'll come. More likely then not he'll be alone but he'll have backup a ways behind him.We'll have a short window of time to finally finish him." Greg says, laughing maniacally.

"Anything else, sir?" The other man asks.

"No. The rest of the plan is simple enough. Payne will die in three days, and I have a feeling he knows it."

~Liam's POV~

I look at the wall in my room, my thoughts buzzing. I know what Greg is doing, all of us do. It's pretty obvious. No matter how hard we try, he's still going to find a way to kidnap Harry and Louis, then I'll get another email or text about a place to meet him. Everyone else on my side's plan is to listen, I go with a team of police, and we save my friends. My plan is a bit different, though. I'm almost certain that my dream is going to become reality, and that means that I'm going to die, and soon. It's only a matter of time. So now I just have to wait for Harry and Louis to vanish, then I'll get the address, Greg will threaten to kill my friends if I don't give myself up, and I'll go and die so my friends will be released. It's as simple as that, really. And honestly, I'm okay with dying, I always have been. As long as I'm protecting the people I care about, I don't care what happens to me. My only problem will be getting to Greg before the security team does when this all goes down, but according to my dream I'll find a way. Is that weird? Knowing what's going to happen because of a single dream?

"Liam, I know exactly what you're thinking." Harry says, walking into my room and sitting on the bed next to me. "We all do. We know Louis and I are going to get kidnapped, that's inevitable. And we know Greg is going to ask for your life in exchange for ours. And I know that you're going to give yourself up, because that's what you always do. Liam, if I have to chain you to Paul I will. But you are not going wherever we end up alone. You are not getting yourself killed. So don't you dare plan for it." Harry says, looking into my eyes. I just stare back at him, not saying a word. "Listen to me, Liam. Every. Single. One. Of. Us. Is. Going. To. Live." Harry says, chopping off each word. "I know somewhere in that brain is a plan, and I know you'll act on it. And as long as it doesn't involve you lying on the ground, dead, then I'll help with anything I can. So is there anything, anything that we can do?" Harry asks, and a smile comes to my face. There is one thing I can do that will keep my dream the same yet still different. One little thing. I turn to Harry and tell him my plan, and he nods.

"Perfect."