Wide Eyes

Fernando more than enjoyed the covert flirtatious attentions that Olivia would pay him whenever they worked together. 

All twenty of the required Architects it took to man the controls of their aquatic city had taken refuge in the breakroom to enjoy a slice of birthday cake. Anna had made the confection herself using the disastrous evaporated vegetable sugar she'd been developing in her free time. It did not taste good. 

No matter though. Who cared about his coworker's inane children or the idle prattle about their sad hobbies? To Fernando, the only other person in the room was Olivia

He craved the excitement of her blasé touche under the table. The way her hand grazed his leg was enough to arouse more than his senses.

Olivia thrilled at the control she wielded with such a simple gesture, smug that he could be so easily undone with just the brush of her fingers. It was almost too easy.

She knew Fernando was happily partnered with a woman named Judith, but ten years with the same person seemed more like a punishment than a relationship. Besides, she couldn't help it if Judith's husband was weak enough to fall prey to a beautiful woman willing to show him the attention his wife so thoughtlessly withheld.

"I'd better go check on that chemical destabilization test we're running." Olivia chimed over the chatter about the group's plans for the Semicentennial. "Fernando, since you set the parameters, I'd like you to handle the read-out."

Fernando nodded, gazing into her pale blue eyes. He would have lost himself in those pools if she hadn't turned to walk away. Instead, he appreciated the appealing curve of her calf peeking through the thin crepe of her trousers as he followed.

They weren't headed for the control room. No, their type of passion required a special location. He ducked into the maintenance door behind Olivia, shivering against the chill being blasted to cool the hundreds of thousands of servers powering and networking the entire city. 

Shrouded in darkness with only the whirring clicks and beeps of the efficient machines, and the deafening drone of the fans, they embraced. Olivia arched into his ardent sigh, enjoying the hitch of his breath as the peaks of her nipples brushed his lean chest. Fernando's strong hands found Olivia's hips and she snaked her hands around his neck and up to his structured jawline to pull him in for a passionate kiss.

Gooseflesh tickled their skin as the zeal of their clandestine union pushed them further than they'd ever gone before. A throaty groan rumbled in Fernando's chest as Olivia's graceful fingers unbutton the top of his shirt to exposing the taught russet skin of his heaving chest. She slipped a hand between the cotton folds to elicit a pleasurable gasp.

Olivia could feel the hard outline of Fernando's groin pressing into her thigh, pinching her groin with a rush of desire.

"We need to get back," she whispered, purposefully tickling the hair of his inner-ear.

"Not yet, please," he moaned into the milky skin of her chest. "I need you."

Fernando rolled his hips to show her how much he wanted to fulfill Oliva's every sexual whim right there against the dirty servers. Somewhere closeby Olivia could hear the orderly clacking of a spider bot's eight motorized digits as it went about its duties. Soon, they would be discovered. 

"Not here," was her breathless response as she readied her palms to stop him.

This was just a part of the game, they both knew it. Pushing a little past the limits of their last rendezvous fed their craving for more.