Chapter 9: Scared

And after he said that, he took us away. 

I couldn't believe what was happening. First, Erik's trail had gone cold, and now we were all being captured by Isaacs! How worse could it get? Well, for one thing, Isaacs took us away from Hanna, and then he put Terra and me into one prison, and Sergeant Hartman into another. 

"We will get out of this." Hartman said firmly. "I know we will. "I have skills in the war, and Private Terra has magic."

"Not much." Terra informed him. "They took my keyblade."

 I looked over at him, and he looked tired. Like, his eyes were red, and I could tell that he was angry, and sad too. I should have at least tried to help him out, but Isaacs was staring straight at us, and I couldn't risk dying. 

He went on about how whatever magic we had, it wouldn't be helpful, and he also kept smirking multiple times for no reason at all. 

Anyways, I moved closer to Terra, not because it was cold in the cell, but because I was scared. I remember when I was younger, I used to be afraid of the basement because it was dark and scary, and Terra was the one who helped me get through it. 

But now, I wasn't scared of being trapped. I was scared that we were all going to die! And I couldn't help thinking that Ven could be dead too, for all I knew. So when Terra put his arm around me and told me that everything was going to be ok, I trusted him. While we huddled, I could swear I saw the corner of Sergeant Hartman's mouth turn into a smile. 

After a little while, I saw men and armed people running around frantically, and I heard the alarm blaring loudly. But then, I saw... Hanna. We got up, and she unlocked the cage.

"Hanna!" Terra shouted as he unlocked Hartman's prison. "How did you get out?" He asked.

"Don't ask questions. We've got to find my father." We started walking, and Hartman yelled behind us. 

"Hey guys, I found something." He picked up Terra's keyblade and Terra ran towards it in delight. 

"My keyblade! How'd you find it?" 

Well, Hartman didn't even have time to answer the question, because Erik suddenly appeared behind us! "I found it." 

Honestly, everything here had escalated so quickly, that there was no time to talk. As Hanna hugged him for a brief second, we all ran outside the building to avoid getting caught or killed.

When we got out, Erik asked what we should do. And I didn't have any answers because I was still overwhelmed. But Hartman apparently had an idea.

"I suggest we split up again, but this time, Aqua and Erik come with me. We'll raid Marissa's base. Hanna, go with Terra."

At first, I didn't want to that. I wanted to stick with Terra. But given everything that happened before, I also didn't want to go against anyone's plans. So I decided that it was a good idea. Now, Hanna wanted to go with her father, but apparently, she had learned the same lesson as me, so we were good. But before we could split up, I had one last thing to say.

"Terra, don't get into any trouble." And I meant it.

"I won't." He replied. And I knew that he meant it too.

574 words.