Chapter 4: The Necklace

"Strange." He replied. "Dr. Strange."

Excuse me? What kind of name was Dr. Strange? Well, he did just save my life. So I decided not to be rude.

"What?" I asked. I was still confused about his name.

"It's actually Steven Strange, but I usually go by Dr. Strange." He said.

"Alright. So, what exactly do you have against Dr. Facilier?" I asked.

"Well, he tried to steal something very important from me."

"What is it?" I inquired curiously.

"The Time Stone." He said.

"The what?"

"The Time Stone. It gives me the power to control time itself." He pointed to his chest, which glowed green.

"If it is stolen, the world could be in danger."

"And Facilier tried to steal it from you?"

"Yes. That's why I must protect everyone who comes in contact with him."

"Well, thank you. I could have been killed by that man."

"It's alright. What were you doing with him anyway?"

"He said that he could help me find my friend Terra. He's gone missing."

Strange frowned. "Where do you think he could be?" He asked.

I sighed. "I don't know." I said, kinda depressed.

"But maybe you could help me." I told him, realizing what could happen.

"You could turn back time to before Terra was kidnapped. Then it would be fine."

Dr. Strange thought for a minute.

"Sorry, but the Time Stone doesn't work like that. If I were to turn back time that far, you wouldn't remember anything from now. You wouldn't even know that I saved you. It wouldn't be any different than before. I'm sorry."

I sagged, disappointed in myself. We walked outside, and I looked at him.

"I have to go now, or my friend is going to wonder where I am."

Dr. Strange nodded.

"Remember, Aqua. If you need any help from me, you can contact me here."

He handed me a necklace with an eye on it. "Tap it, and I will receive the message and be on my way."

I nodded in response. "Goodbye, Dr. Strange."

"Please. Call me Steven." And with that, he teleported out of my sight.

I went back home, and sat at the table. I hung my head, sad and angry at myself for even trusting that witch doctor. I broke down and started crying.

"Hey, Aqua." It was Ventus. "What happened?" He asked with concern in his voice.

"Sorry, I just... Couldn't find Terra yet." This made me sob even more. I felt Ven hug me, and I felt so much more comfort than I felt in the last hours. He was warm, hopeful. I calmed down, and went through the rest of the day thinking about what happened today.

I looked at my necklace, and soon found that it was no eye. It was the letters V.F.D.

470 words.