CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN

Start from the beginning

Then she arrived, wearing a white blouse partnered with sky blue long skirt. Her veil was black. She always appear so elegant, modest and sophisticated.

"Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh," she greeted us all cheerfully.

Complete greetings like that means 30 recorded good deed points by the angels. Her consciousness to Allah is really something.

"Wa alaykumusalam warahmatullah wabarakatuh," we all said to her.

I instantly stood up and pulled out the chair next to mine. I was saving it for her. I even spanked Tae's butt just to stop him from sitting next to me.

"It's cool J – Hope. I can't eat. I'm fasting. I just want to uhm say that I will go ahead straight to the office. I know the rule says I can't leave without an escort but seriously guys, it's..." she started to explain but was interrupted by Isaac who suddenly stood up.

"Never mind, we're going," he said.

"But you aren't done with your coffee," she said.

Isaac pretended not to hear her and just got his suitcase and said his salam to us.

"At 1:30pm, we all would be home for the house's blessing, each one should bring something to share and eat," he instructed.

This wasn't the morning I wanted. Last night wasn't even the kind of night I wanted. We ought to be a family. In fact, she and Isaac and along with Rapmon should be the one tending to us. We live together for two reasons: for the work project and to stop Big Hit.

Okay J – Hope, why are you having thoughts like this? Aren't you supposed to not make this work?

Aish, whatever. I stood up and be in my jovial self.

"Wait a minute Mr. Isaac Khalid and Ms. Fatima Maryam!" I said using a detective tone accusing a suspect in a crime.

"Last night, you sort of ruined the night tour of the house plan because you guys had a big date and then went to sleep right away, spoiling our mood. Then this morning, you both are the first to go? I mean, come on! A little team spirit please!" I complained very slowly, rolling my eyes.

"Ha?" Fatima said, looking guilty and surprised.

"Then the three of you are fasting on a day that we ought to celebrate, make du'a, invite an imam and eat as one family for the house's blessing. I think Allah would want you not to fast today, in shaa Allah, and if I am wrong, may Allah forgive me," I said, sincerely feeling bummed.

I mean right after Tae said about game night and she said something about movie night then Jungkook wants morning jogs, I seriously expected every day and night to be all jumpy, happy and cheerful. But instead, everyone's acting too dramatic, serious, scared, tensed or sad. Or too sleepy all the time like Suga is. Not to mention our unshared laughter, jokes and games the guys have without her.

"Yeah I absolutely agree!" Tae said, raising his hand.

"So what do you suggest then?" Jimin asked me.

I raised my brows up and down with my shoulder then opened my arms wide for an answer.

"I say we all ditch work today and just have a fun fun day, together!" I said loudly, pronouncing the last word exaggeratingly.

"We can't J – Hope. We have lots of work to do," Rapmon said.

"Guys, it is our first day as a family of nine, we must have a teamwork event," I encouraged them showing my raised arm and fist.