two.

two.
lilystem.

I don't know why but the rest of the clan is being really clingy with me.

Ever since Dustedpath thought it would be a good idea to bring back Petalheart's body back to camp, everycat has been acting weird around me.

I had told Dustedpath that I wanted to bury her in that valley, not wanting to allow the rest of the clan to weep over her body. He didn't listen.

My mouth was shut the whole way back to camp. I let Scorchfur carry Petalheart, because my smaller figure wasn't big enough to sustain her weight. If I was built with a stronger frame like Scorchfur, then I would be the one carrying her - no questions asked.

As soon as we got back everyone in the camp froze. They watched as Scorchfur gingerly laid her body in the clearing. Meanwhile, I padded into the warrior's den with my head held up high, not saying a word.

My pelt had brushed up against another warrior's as I entered the den and he exited it. I recognized him as another warrior, Driftingsky.

He glanced at me softly.
I didn't look back.

I kept to myself as everyone looked at Petalheart. I could overhear some things.

"Petalheart!"
"She's gone?"
"What happened!"
"When? How?"
"Where is Lilystem?"

Antstar's voice was the most distinct out of all of them, his question the one that made a chill run down my spine.

Soon enough, his skinny self poked into the warrior's den.

"Lilystem."

My head turned, looking over my shoulder to look at him. It wasn't long until cats swarmed around behind him.

I ignored them and turned away.