Chapter 28: Re-Meeting People

Comincia dall'inizio

Raven: "But if you put in the effort for them and they get used to it then they'll be weaker then they were before."

(F/N): "Then it's their fault, not yours. Either way, not only are you putting in the effort to make yourself strong, but you're also burdening yourself to help another, which in a way can test your strength."

Raven: "For a person of Grimm you're definitely an odd one. Willing to help children, the White Fang, you've even kept your word and haven't killed me despite me refusing to answer any more of your questions." She closes her eyes and sighs. "I hate weakness."

(F/N): "Like love." She chuckled a little.

Raven: "His name was Taiyang, we were on the same team back in Beacon."

(F/N): "Wait, Tai as in the father of Yang?" She looked at me surprised.

Raven: "You know them?"

(F/N): "Yeah, I ended up saving Yang and Ruby with their uncle Qrow from some Grimm. Wait, are you..."

Raven: "I'm Yang's mother, Qrow's sister."

(F/N): "Hmm, if your hair was blond you'd look just like her... do you miss her?"

Raven: "No."

(F/N): "Well that was a fast response."

Raven: "Why do you care?"

(F/N): "Because I can, therefore, I will."

Raven: "That belief will end with your death."

(F/N): "Then it's a good thing I'm hard to kill." I tried to sound upbeat and smiled at her, she just looked at me sternly. "You are right though, it does lead to death. I once died for someone I thought I loved, now... I don't think it was worth it."

Raven: "That's why you should look out for yourself."

(F/N): "Yeah, but that would only lead to more enemies and fewer allies. Take you for example, where're your bandits? Not here saving you, but you're surrounded by people who want you captured. See my point?"

Raven: "Yeah... I guess I do."

Later on, after Raven ate and Sienna returned from her outing, one of the members offered to watch over Raven for the night. I wasn't going to but they insisted that I enjoy the night out, I thought I sensed something negative come from them. I agreed and went out, while Sienna and the others prepared to eat then go to bed. I didn't plan to be out long, something didn't feel right. I stopped in my tracks when I started to feel something, it wasn't the tingling sensation, it was more like a call. I ran back to the house, only to find a man with short black hair ripping apart White Fang.

I charged at him with my claws, when he turned around I got a clear view of his red eyes. He wasn't as strong as Delta, but he had killed almost everyone except Raven, Sienna, and two others. I slammed him through the wall, slashed at him with my claws, and countered every one of his attacks till he was on the floor dying, breathing heavily between words. The noise caused Ren and Nora to come down from the second floor.

Man: "Why did I have to find you first?"

(F/N): "Why are you looking for me? Why did you kill the White Fang?"

Man: "Orders. It's good to see you Alpha." His eyes dimmed, his body started to evaporate. I turn back to Sienna.

(F/N): "If he was after me he wouldn't have attacked you. What now?"

Sienna: "We leave."

WF: "What about the mission?"

Sienna: "No one is going to join if we're all dead. We should return to Menagerie."