Chapter 17

Bella

For the next two weeks, Alex and I practiced on our routine and for the play. We didn't quite have the time to go to any dates whatsoever. We were so exhausted when we got home that we would fall onto the bed and sleep instantly.

All my muscles were telling me to stop, they hurt like hell.

Tonight is a full moon. Tonight is the night that the water lures us most to go for a swim.

'Bella, are you ready?' My mother asks me.

'Yes mamita. Let's go.'

We slowly walk on the beach, holding hands like when I was little. Our eyes glow like fireflies reflecting the water sparkling under the moonlight. I can already feel the power running through my veins. As we soak our feet into the water, we both look at each other and smile.

This is my special moment with my mom. This is something nobody will ever take from us. I give her a warm hug and smile to myself knowing she will always be by my side.

'Mamita, I wanted to ask you.. I know I haven't been interested in this before, and I hope you will forgive me for that, but can you teach me how to take care of the sea and the ocean?'

My mother's eyes flicker with hope and excitement.

'My little mermaid, I was waiting for this day to come. I knew you will let the ocean and the sea into your heart.' She tells me while we continue swimming towards the open waters.

'Listen to the sea, Bella. Listen to all the creatures living inside it. Close your eyes and listen.'

I close my eyes and listen. I try to open my mind and my heart. I start feeling all of the creatures, how they suffer.

'Mamita, they are suffering.' I tell them while tears start falling down my cheeks.

'Don't cry, my Bella. Open your heart to them. Healing the oceans used to be an easier task when more oceanids existed and people didn't polute it so badly. Take energy from the moon and push it outside your body, so it can help all the creatures heal and reproduce.'

I try to focus again, to do what my mother explained but I don't manage to make the energy leave my body.

'I can't do it, mom.' I tell her frustrated.

'Think of the sea, the oceans, the creatures. Do you love them?' She asks me.

'You know I do.'

'Then focus on the feeling of love. Our love for the ocean is what heals it. Let the love sink deep into your soul and then let it out.'

I nod and close my eyes again. I let all my love for the ocean fill my soul. I then think about my mother and my soul fills with even more love. I focus on the growing feeling inside me and I feel myself overwhelmed by it and I explode.

I open my eyes and I see a soft glow spreading around me like a mist in the water. I look at my mother and she is doing the same thing. Her hair glows with silver reflexes, her eyes shine with the power of the moon. Beams of energy spread around her body.

'You know, Belle, we shouldn't be doing this together. The energy helps all creatures that are in the water heal and reproduce.'

'Well, mamita, you can always give me another brother or sister.' I wink at her.

'That is if you don't give me a grandchild first.' She winks back at me and we both burst into laughter.

'Let's go back to the house. Our work for tonight is over.' She tells me while we start swimming towards the shore.

As we get to the house, I see Alex standing in the living room, looking quite angry.

'Hello, mrs. S. Good swim tonight?' He asks her politely.

'Very good.' My mom answers while walking away. She turns towards me.
'Remember what I said, Bella.' She gives me a playfull smile and disappears on the hallway that leads to our parent's bedrooms wing.

Alex turns towards me, still looking quite angry.

'Why didn't you tell me?

'Tell you what, Alex? What are you talking about?'

'Don't play stupid, Bella. It doesn't suit you.'

I am now pissed. I walk towards him, feeling anger run through my veins. This I got from my father. His bad temper and the fact that whenever I get angry my physical power grows. It's also not a good idea since there's a full moon and I am experiencing all sorts of emotions.

'Don't push me, Alex! If you have something to tell me, just do it!'

He pulls out my phone from his back pocket and throws it on the coffee table in front of me.

'Then explain this!'

My anger goes away and is replaced by fear and embarrassment.

'Alex, I can explain.'

_____________

A small cliffhanger for everybody 😁