Chapter 4

Bella 

As soon as Adam left, I started to get dressed for today. I put on a pair of black hotpants, a see-through croque dress, a black jacket and some killer black high heeled boots. A couple of more accessories and some make up and I was ready to face my fears.

I wonder how he will react when he will see me like this?

I take my convertible car and start driving towards home while listening to some music and from all the songs in the world, Sara Barreille starts singing Gravity. The song I've cried myself to sleep over and over for the first two years after he left me. I quickly turn it off and decide to just drive in silence.

Half an hour later I am home. I can hear laughter coming from the swimming pool area. They are probably all in the foyer, having breakfast, since it's just 10 am.

'My little mermaid!' My mom cheers as soon as she shees me. 'Come, sit down and have some breakfast.'

As I look around the big round table I can see mom and dad sitting together. Next to them is Theo and then on their other side there's Ivy and Cain. And, of course, the only free spot is right between Theo and Alex.

'I just ate, mamita.'

'Nonsense, darling. Just join us for a glass of juice while we catch up on how things went for everybody during the last 3 years.'

I mentally roll my eyes at her. If only she knew. Right before I take a seat, Alex lifts his head up to look at me.

'What happened to you? Did you fall on your face after you left the studio?' I ask him with a big smirk on my face. His eye is black, his lower lip is busted and his jaw is slightly bruised, around his lips. Seeing him like this makes me feel good.

'I happened.' Says Theo with an even bigger smirk on my face.

'Oh, so you had a chat together. I see the result is quite satisfying.' As soon as I finish that sentence I notice all eyes are on me and decide to add another one as to avoid any further questions.

'Boy will be boys.' I say, smilling warmly at my parents while sitting down. The I look at Theo and nod my head appreciably for taking my side in this story, not that he would have ever taken a different side. Theo is my twin soul. He feels all my pain better than anybody else. He and I have a deeper connection that I can't even begin to explain.

Alex

I sit at the table trying to put something in my mouth, but even with all the painkillers and special healing herbs my mom gave to me I still find it difficult to chew. So I eventually decide to just drink some juice and eat some chewy cookies and pastry. Suddenly I hear footseps behind me and I freeze. I know it's her. I can smell her delicious perfume: black cherries. Even though her skin smells wonderful naturally, she still loves wearing this perfume.

As she gets to the table I notice first her high heeled boots, my gaze following her legs as I look up to study her. She's wearing a black croque dress. You can see her skin through it. She is probably wearing some shorts underneath that dress. As I study her further, I see her leather jacket and when I reach her face the entire world vanishes around me. I can see her lips moving but I can't focus to hear a word she says.

Her eyes, her once sparkling eyes, are filled with sorrow. They don't glisten like the ocean waves under the sun. They are numb and whenever she looks at me they are filled with pain. Her skin looks as perfect as usual but doesn't have that soft pink glow it usually had. Her lips are plump and look absolutely delicious but they don't smile with sincerity.

As she sits down next to me, it dawns me. I have broken her. I have failed her. I promised her I would love her forever, and although I haven't exactly broken my promise, she doesn't know that I still love her like crazy. I snap out of my words as she looks at me and tells my with the most fake smile possible.

'Welcome back, Alex. You must tell us all about your adventures in America.' She presses the word adventures as narrows her eyes in anger.

This is going to be a long weekend, but it is also going to be the beginning of my journey to win her love back. I don't know how I will do this, but I'll be damned if I'll stop trying. I will fight for her love even if it means I let it kill me.

'I've returned to finish my studies here.' I decide to finally speak. 'And to be your prince in the show.' I give her a hidden look. Her fave fills with annoyance but she smiles again, with that fake smile of hers that's making my stomach twist.

'My saviour.'

Theo is visibly annoyed on her side as he is holding his butter knife far too hard.

'Well, I will be for the next 4 months.' I wink at her causing my eye to hurt.

She turns around with her gracefully executed smile and fills everybody in.

'Alex has joined the cast of the Swan Lake show, replacing my old partner that broke his ankle.'

Theo gets up from the table and storms into the house leaving everybody in silence.