Chapter 11

Bella

For the next 3 weeks I pretended to be sick when I was at home. After the last time with Adam, I didn't want him to touch me.

I went to school everyday. I tried to avoid Alex but he is in all my classes. After classes we rehearsed every weekday. He really is a brilliant dancer but I find it hard to think about anything else other than his lips whenever I look at him. I am getting weaker each day. I can't hate him anymore, not after I realized that he tried to protect me. He left so I wouldn't suffer from his death. It poetic, in a way.

He moves like he's made of fire. His body mimics the movements of the flames creaking in the wind. However, whenever we dance, I feel like I am swimming in the ocean. My body responds to him even by just sitting on the opposite side of the rehearsal room. 

As I prepare to go to rehearsal, Adam comes into the bedroom and leans in to give me a kiss on the lips. I let him kiss me. My heart is still torn between how I feel whenever I am around Alex and the way I feel towards my relationship. Adam is wrong for me. He should be with someone who loves him and I realized that someone is not me.

'Adam, can we talk, please?'

'What is it, kitten?'

'Adam, I don't know how to explain this.. I... I think I want to move back to my house, with my siblings.' I blurt out.

'Are you fuckin' breaking up with me?'

He looks so furious and menacing. He comes towards me with his face contorted in anger.

'No, honey. I am just stressed and I've been sick for the last 3 weeks. Also, with the finals and with this play and being at home with my siblings relaxes me. It will only be for 2 weeks. We will still see each other whenever you want.'

'Oh.. If that is the case, then go. I'll be here when you come back.'

Of course you will. I mentally roll my eyes.

He goes for another kiss, wrapping his arms around me, kissing my neck.

'Adam, I'm on my period. Stop, please.' I lie to him. I just get sick only at the thought of him touching me. 

'Damn it, Bella. I haven't touched you in 3 weeks and now you tell me you are leaving for another 2 weeks. What the fuck am I supposed to do?'

'If you love me, you will wait for me.' I give him a small peck on the lips, grab my bag and leave the house.

Alex

'Hey! What's with the bag?' I ask her when she enters the door.

'Some clothes I love. I decided to spend 2 weeks at home with mom and dad.'

My heart swells with joy. All my prayers have been answered. I try not to look too enthusiastic and I take the bag to put it away. I get to have her close to me all the time for two weeks.

'Any particular reason why you are doing this? Is everything ok?' I ask her calmly.

'No reason. I'm just too stressed and I want to go home, where I feel safe. I need the ocean more often and my apartment in the center doesn't quite give me that privilege.'

'And what about your boyfriend?' 

'We spoke about it and he understood. Now, if you've finished with the questions, let's practice those jumps.' She winks at me and goes to turn on the music.

'1,2,3,4...' She starts counting as we practice our routine. And finally the routine is about to end and she runs towards me. I lift her in the air and spin her around. Then I slowly bring her down while she wraps her legs around my body and leans towards the floor. I follow her movement and I end up on top of her. 

I can feel the heat radiating from her body. She's breathing faster. Her pupils are dilated and her lips are slightly parted. Her body is calling to me, her scent is intoxicating. I lean in towards her neck and touch her skin with my nose. She shivers and I feel her abdomen tightening. My hand runs down her arm, softly caressing  her skin. I lift my head and look into her eyes. All I can see is desire, pure and raw. I linger another few seconds above her lips but I decide not to torture her anymore so I help her get up.

'What is it, Sirena? Is the routine too hot for you, little princess?' I give her my panty dropper smile and I see her blush even more.

'Your womanizer charms don't work on me, Alex. Stop with the games.' 

'Oh, I dare to disagree with you based on how your body reacted to my touch earlier.' I smirk at her.

'We are practicing, Alex. We are supposed to appear to be in love and desire each other. Don't flatter yourself.' She tries to appear unaffected. 

I walk towards her, my lips parted, my eyes studying her from head to toe, not bothering to hide how much I want to take her here, against the mirror walls so she can see herself screaming my name from all directions.

'I..mmm.. I forgot something at home. I have to go back to the apartment. I'll see you at home. Can you please take my bag?' And then she runs out the door, leaving me with a massive hard-on.

Bella

I find myself driving towards my apartment. I didn't forget anything. I'm just angry of myself for giving into him so easily these last 3 weeks. Adam should be at work today so I can take a shower and calm my nerves. 

God! I let him kiss me in the parking lot. He didn't kiss me again after that. He behaved like a real gentleman, just as he promised. Yeah, he teases me, he plays with my nerves, he makes me hot all over. But he didn't push it any further until today. The way he looked at me made me all wet with desire. Nobody has looked at me with such lust before.

I try to calm myself down as I go inside the apartment building. When I reach the door I notice it's unlocked. I can hear a woman's moan coming from inside. I slowly open the door and take a peak inside and I see Adam naked fucking from behind a brunette against the kitchen table. He didn't hear me as he was to busy to fuck some unknown whore in my house. I cover my mouth and slowly close the door. 

I don't know how to react. My mind is frozen while my legs carry me downstairs. Tears fill my eyes, but not because I feel heartbroken, but because I was so blind, so stupid. My mother was right all along.