Chapter 9

Aleera's P.O.V

Mary and I walked into town slowly, neither of us saying anything until we got to the clothing store, and Mary stopped.

"Is something wrong?"

"Do you have any money?" I nodded, pulling out Sam and Dean's wallets. 

"Yeah, we're good."

"Did you steal their money?" Mary sounded incredulous.

"I'll pay them back. Come on, you can't just wear that everywhere." I walked into the store, smiling at the cashier. Mary sighed and followed me.

"This is a pretty small town, so there aren't very many options."

"I don't really mind, I'm still a little frazzled."

"Yeah, they said that you had just gotten there a couple days ago?"

"It's a long story, that you wouldn't understand." I scoffed as I looked at some of the scarves put up on display. "You think you would?"

"Well I mean, I was attacked by a werewolf like three days ago, and that doesn't even start to describe the strange shit that I've been through, so, whatever."

"Sure. You know, you didn't have to come with me."

"Believe me, I know. You know, you can do this on your own, you don't need me. Here's some money, I'm not sure how much there is." I left the two wallets on a bench, and left the room, leaving Mary on her own.

The cashier gave me a strange look as I left. "My mom. Drives me crazy, sorry." The man nodded slowly.

"That's, not what I was concerned about. That woman should be dead."

You know, here, normal people would say something about, "What do you mean, she's supposed to be dead?!"

However, I am so far from normal it isn't even funny. It stopped being funny almost as soon as it started. So what I said was-

"What the hell are you?" You know, like a crazy person.

Now, this guy's face twisted into a sneer. His eyes started glowing. My next words? "No, seriously. What the hell are you?" I actually said that!

"What kind of hunter are you, that carries a demon blade, but doesn't know an angel, especially when you have recently been around one of my brothers?" 

Newsflash, this is when you should run. However, as we have previously covered, I am both crazy and stupid. So I did what every crazy and stupid person would do, which is pull out the knife that Dean had given to me. 

The apparent angel laughed. "A demon blade can't-" He was cut off suddenly by me throwing the knife at his head. It stuck but didn't do anything. Apparently. 

Because APPARENTLY, angels can heal themselves. And APPARENTLY, angels are pieces of shit that think they can get away with anything. Including murder. Conclusion: ANGELS ARE ASSHOLES.

The angel pulled the blade from his skull, and the wound quickly healed with a flash of white light. He dropped the knife to the ground, and unsheathed his own blade, one very similar to Cas'. 

"Castiel is your brother? Good to know." I ran towards the nameless angel and grabbed the knife before running back to Mary, who had grabbed some clothes and was apparently about to leave for the front.

"Mayla, I thought you left."

"I tried to. It did not end well."

"Where are you, little hunter? The angels want a word with your friends, that's all."

"Try again, dumbass! All my friends are dead!" I yelled back. I turned to Mary. "How fast can you run?"

"I don't know, I haven't had to in a while." 

"Well, you're going to have to try. Here, put the clothes in there." I threw her a bag, and she obliged.

"Now, when I say go, you're going to have to run as fast as you can. I'll take the bag, and meet you back at the bunker." Mary nodded and handed the bag back to me as I sheathed the demon blade, making a mental note to talk to Dean about that.

"There's a door back there, it should be unlocked, but it will set an alarm off when you go through it. Ignore the alarm, and keep going, back to the bunker." Mary nodded again. "Okay. Three, two, one. Go!" Mary took off towards the back, leaving me and the angel alone in the shop.

The alarm went off, and the angel darted towards the back door but stopped when he saw me. "And here I was thinking that you had run off before we could finish our conversation. Such as where the Legends are."

I froze. "How do you know about them?"

"Oh, the Legends are extremely famous, all throughout history. Or herstory, in the case of, who was it? Sara Lance, and Kendra Saunders?" Clearly, the angel was trying to get me to react. Being a rational person, I didn't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That was a funny sentence to write. I am closer to being rational than my father, but I am still not exactly the most rational person. 

It's not like I attacked the angel, I just.... ran, past, him. Stabbing him. More accurately, slicing his stomach open as I ran out the back door that was still open.

Somehow, I still had a hold on both the knife and the bag that had enough storage space to rival the bag from The Deathly Hallows Part 1. I slowed down long enough to resheath the knife and to check that both of the wallets and the clothes were still in the bag.

I shook my head and took off running again, thanking whatever gods there might be that I was in such good shape.