Chapter 4

I looked out the window of the truck as it pulled to a stop in front of what looked like a sewage entrance. "Great. I mean, what safer place is there than the sewers?" Castiel sighed again and climbed out of the truck. I followed suit and waited behind him as he knocked on the door.

The door opened, and a man about the same height as Castiel was behind it. "Cas, it's good to see you, man! Who's uh, who's your friend?" Castiel walked inside and motioned for me to follow. When I did, Castiel and the other man started down the stairs.

We walked into a long room, filled with bookshelves and tables. There was a second man that stood up and also stood taller than both Castiel and the first man. "Cas, good to see you."

Castiel nodded and waited for me to stand next to him. "This is Mayla. She was attacked by a werewolf. Jody told me to bring her here until we were certain this wasn't an aftershock from Amara. Mayla, this is Sam," the tall man waved slightly, "and Dean Winchester. I need to go, keep looking for Lucifer and all."

The Winchesters nodded, and Castiel was gone in a blink of the eye. "Where did he go? How did he do that?" Dean looked at me, a small amount of pity in his eyes. I glared at him, and he took a couple steps back.

"Uh, sorry." Sam rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Anyway. Mayla, Cas, er, Castiel can do that because he's an angel." I think I looked like a codfish for a few seconds, with my mouth agape.

"An angel? Angels are real? Are demons real? Ghosts, spirits?" Sam and Dean nodded.

"Yeah. And we're hunters. We chase down every single one of those sons of bitches that you mentioned, plus lots more, and we kill them." Dean commented, taking a drink of what smelled like whiskey.

I just nodded. "Okay. And who's Amara?" 

"God's sister." Dean muttered, finishing his drink. Sam laughed slightly, and gestured for me to join him at one of the tables. I did so, and he pushed a few books in front of me.

"She's not in the Bible, which is why most people have never heard of her. However, she does exist. Amara is God's sister, as Dean mentioned. But her official title is the Darkness." I looked down at one of the books, to see a picture of a woman in a flowing black dress, only opposed by a man in flowing white robes.

I pointed at it. "So, this is supposed to be God? And then this is... Amara?" Sam nodded. 

"Yep. You don't seem all that surprised by most of this. A lot of people would be more terrified by the fact that they were just attacked by a werewolf." I shrugged.

"I've seen a lot of weird things. You probably wouldn't believe most of it." Sam laughed slightly, and sat back, crossing his arms.

"Try me." I bit my lip, debating whether or not I should go through the whole of it.