Chapter 8

Aleera's P.O.V

After about 20 minutes, Sam had set up the targets, and Dean had joined us on the hill. "Alright May, can I call you May?" I nodded. "Cool. Okay. Anyway, first I want to see you shoot. Gauge you from there." Dean tossed me his pistol, and I caught it by the handle.

"So far so good," Sam muttered as Dean went to stand by him.

I sighed and steadied the gun in my hands. I looked through the sights and noticed they were off by about an inch. I sighed again, before ignoring the sights and just shooting, moving to each target after I shot the one before it.

When I stopped, so did Dean. "What the hell?" I dropped the gun to my side as Dean looked at each of the five targets. "What the hell?" He repeated. "Have you shot a pistol before?"

I nodded. "Yeah. And a bow and arrow. And a sniper rifle. And throwing knives. And-"

"Okay, okay, I get it, you're a freaking badass. Is there any other weapons you can use?"

"Twin daggers, bo staff, machete, twin swords, one-handed sword. Mostly blades. Why?" Sam and Dean blinked a couple of times and handed me a knife.

"Here. I assume you know how to use it. I guess... we're done. I was expecting to have to teach you how to shoot a gun..."

"How about we try moving targets? All of the targets are set up on tracks." Sam called. Dean shrugged and handed me another loaded magazine.

Twenty minutes later, I had finished with moving targets enough to satisfy Sam, and Dean was looking at his watch. "It's only been twenty-five minutes. There must be something else."

"Hand to hand?" Sam suggested.

"Okay, but if she kicks our butts, then you're not allowed to come up with any more ideas."

Same made the timeout signal. "Both of us at the same time? Shooting a gun is one thing, hand-to-hand combat is- woah!" I had quietly walked over to where Sam was standing and swept his legs out from underneath him.

Dean laughed slightly. "You alright there, Sammy?" 

"Jerk."

"Bitch. Alright May, let's do this." Dean helped Sam to stand up, and they each stood on a side of me. "Go ahead, show us what you've got."

I sighed, unsure, but flipped back before running forward and ducking under Sam's punch, sweeping his legs out from underneath him as well. 

Dean chuckled. "You're pretty good, I'll give you that."

I shrugged. "Lots of practice." Dean nodded and walked over to help his brother up again.

"I'm not even going to bother. There is exactly nothing that I can teach you. But I do want to know who trained you. Personal interest."

I shrugged again. "A few different people. My friends Sara, Mick, Kendra, and Leonard, mainly. There was a village that I stayed in for a while, and some of the people there taught me some things. A lot of what I know comes from things I had to teach myself, though."

Dean nodded. "Well, let's head inside, and you and Sam can go through all the books that you want."

"While you take Mom to town? Because we don't actually have any more clothes for her, we have whatever she's wearing right now, and the nightgown." Sam commented.

"Better idea, May here goes into town with Mom, and they go shopping together." I looked between the two brothers before raising my hand.

"Yeah, hi. I haven't actually met, your mother? I just got here last night?" Sam and Dean jumped like they had forgotten I was there.

"Oh, don't worry. She got here... two days ago?" Dean commented.

"Not my point, but go off I guess."

"Wait, what does that mean?" Dean asked, confused.

"It just means keep going, even though you don't understand what I was saying. So, keep going. Maybe start by introducing me to your mother." Dean nodded.

"That seems fair. Let's head in, I'll get Mom, and then the two of you can, do whatever girls do when they try to get to know each other."

I blinked a couple times before following Sam and Dean back into the bunker, to see a blonde woman waiting at one of the tables.

"Oh, perfect. Mayla Vegak, meet Mary Winchester." Sam said. "Uh, Mom, this is Mayla. She's going to be staying here for a while."

Mary regarded me with some suspicion, but I doubt with as much as I did. You see, I hadn't exactly lost my edge from fighting Vandal Savage, or being attacked by a werewolf, or losing my family twice in a war. You know, normal stuff that puts people on edge.

"So, Mayla offered to go into town with you to get some new clothes." I snapped out of it in time to hear Sam finish explaining the situation. I stared at him for a few seconds.

"Well, thank you Mayla, that was very nice of you." I nodded shortly. "So, should we go?" I nodded again, and walked towards the door of the bunker behind her, not before pick-pocketing both Sam and Dean.

"Oh, May? Here." Dean tossed me the sheath for the knife that I was still holding. I nodded in thanks and followed Mary out of the door.

~~~~~~

A/N: Well, this chapter took longer than I was expecting it to. Not that I have an excuse, the chapter itself isn't even 880 words. I just wanted to thank you guys for the continued support of the story. Keep rocking your role!