Chapter 12.

Will the devil take me, or will God protect me?

___________________________________________________

I lay on my bed staring out of the large, opened window. The breeze flows into my bedroom and I take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. I fix the pillow under my head and take a long sigh before changing my gaze from the large tree to the window frame where a photo of Abel and Jax sits. My focus remains on the photo of the two and my heart starts to glow yet sink at the same time. I would be lying if I said that you don't constantly worry about the stability of your life, especially your family, when you're part of a club such as SAMCRO, even its by association.

I look at the clock on my bedside table and silently read the time. It's already noon and I've been sitting in my bed alone all morning. I spent the night alone for no apparent reason other than to sit and overthink by myself. Jax and my dad have been trying to get a hold of me since last night and I haven't stayed in contact very well. It's a typical Saturday, especially after my kidnapping. I find myself getting lost in thought and wanting to be alone to assess every aspect of my life and to try and reassure myself that everything will be okay, that I will be safe, and that I'm supposed to be here.

Suddenly my phone starts vibrating and I sigh, reaching over for it and picking it up, answering the call. "Hello?"

"What's going on, Ally girl?" My dad responds, and I let out a sigh of relief, "Everything okay?"

I clear my throat and nod, sitting up from my position on the bed, "Yeah, I suppose so."

Dad chuckles, "It's always, 'I suppose so', with you. You're a broken record, kid." He teases me, "Jax is worried about you. Said you've been ignoring his calls since last night. Why?" He asks my bluntly.

I shrug, getting up from my bed and walking into the bathroom to pour myself a drink of water. Taking a sip, I return to the phone call, "Just needed some time alone, Dad."

He just sighs, "Al, you know that he will worry about you every second of every day, especially after your... situation."

I take another drink of water and nod, "I know, I just, I don't know dad. I keep wondering if this is the right choice, you know? I'm practically raising his kids, and I love them more than anything, but I just, I've worked too hard to be grouped as a croweater or SAMCRO." I reply honestly.

"You won't be grouped as either because you are neither. You're a hard worker, a loved teacher, and an important woman in the lives of many. Everything happens for a reason, and I think you came back to Charming for a bigger reason than teaching. Maybe this is it."

I give myself a small grin, "Yeah, I suppose you're right, Dad. Thanks."

He chuckles, "No problem, kid. Hey, I just wanted to make sure everything is good. Make sure you give Jax a call or something, please. Guy is going crazy and I don't want to hear him bitch anymore." Dad laughs once more, "I love you, Ally Girl."

I smile, "I will, I love you too, Dad. Thanks for checking in." and with that, I hang up the phone, ending the conversation between my father and I.

I walk into the kitchen, wearing a pair of pyjama shorts a loose white v-neck t-shirt. My brown hair is a mess of waves and curls, and the freckles on my face are obvious due to the absence of makeup. I open the fridge and pull out a pre-made salad, pouring it into a bowl and adding some dressing. I pour myself a glass of homemade lemonade and grin at my lunch. I carry the dishes over to the living room where I sit and watch the new Beauty and The Beast. Dad always makes fun of me for being highly obsessed with Disney, and in return, being a big kid.