well, you see........

Jack's POV:

I watched as the bridge spiraled close behind the demigods. Even though they had been only here for a few weeks... I was going to miss them. Maybe.

I still wasn't happy with Annabeth for messing with my wings like she had. But that aside, I felt like the three had become good friends to the rest of us. And unlike Miko or Raf, they knew what it was like to be less than human. I mean they were demigods like me after all.

I took another look at the card that Percy had handed me and frowned, "Camp Half-Blood huh?"I thought.

Bit of a mistake, given the resident Primes in my head, "Why would you want to go to such a place?" Solus buzzed, "I mean, you'd be more at home here with the Autobots."

I sighed, "Just a thought Solus, that's all."I explained.

"Oh....okay," the Prime said before falling silent.

Rolling my optics, I turned back to the others and saw a very questioning look on Optimus' faceplate. It was pretty safe to say that the Prime... my older brother (Jeez that was weird!) was more than a little curious about why I looked like a pint sized Autobot... Even if I did lack the emblem.

"You still need to talk to the medic about that," Vector reminded me.

"I know."I shot back before rubbing the back of my helm. Big mistake.

Pain lanced up my side from all the weld marks along my body, making me wince and let out a groan of pain. Which of course gained me the wrath of both Ratchet and mom.

"Okay mister," Mom scolded and grabbed me by the arm, "Back in the med bay with you."

I didn't really resist her that much, I was still pretty sore all over from my little meeting with that swarm of Scraplets. Who knew almost getting eaten alive could make a guy so tired? Or is it bot? Whatever.

Anyway, once I was settled on a berth the best I could given my wings and all, Ratchet began fussing over me again. I let out a sigh as the green light passed over me, "So how long until I can turn back into human form Ratchet?" I asked.

Much as I liked my Cybertronian form, I did miss being human. But the frown on Ratchets face when he examined the scanners results didn't make me very hopeful.

"While I was able to seal the wounds shut, due to your age and the relatively delicate nature of your protoform, that was all I was able to do." He explained.

Mom and I frowned, "And what exactly does that mean?"

Ratchet sighed, "Until the wounds fully heal, it would be in Jacks best interest that he remain in his Cybertronian form until fully healed. We have no way of knowing what the damage would be to his human form. It could be catastrophic."

I gulped. Spend a few days as a Cybertronian, or risk dying as a human?

"I guess I can live like this for a few days," I said, wincing as a particularly nasty bite on one of my wings flared up. Stupid wings.

Ratchet noticed me wincing and narrowed his optics, "Now will you let me examine your wings?" he asked. When he'd been welding me back together I had rather adamantly refused to let him near my wings. They hurt enough as is.

But one look from Ratchet told me he wouldn't take no for an answer, so sighing, I turned so my back faced him, "Fine, go on ahead." I muttered.

I tried very hard not to let my nervousness show, but it wasn't easy. Even though Ratchet hadn't even touched them yet, I was bracing myself for the pain to come. The Scraplets had done a number to my wings from what I saw.