22: Not Allowed to Die

Începe de la început

He let out a sigh.

His firm hands then went to her cheeks, feeling the softness of her skin as he bent his head down and kissed her forehead. Eyes shut to savor the moment.

"Yes," he whispered, "it's called beauty."

Lucy giggled at this, her cheeks warming up. She gently placed her fingers over his hands.

"It's finally over..." she said, staring into his eyes.

And silence came.

He looked into her brown orbs deeper. If only she knew...but no. He would not let her. Never.

"Yes, it is," his voice calm, like it used to be.

Somehow, Lucy had a feeling that he was distracted. That he was occupied with the thought of something else.

"What's wrong? You look unhappy," her face and voice went back to being worried again.

Natsu saw this. And he felt bad for making her feel that way.

"I do?" he made his tone bubblier.

She nodded.

"I just didn't get much rest," he smiled and gave her a look of reassurance.

Emotions.

He was good at concealing them. However, in some cases where he loses self-control, there was no point in hiding them at all.

"Ohh," she hummed, buying it.

"Is Lucas still asleep?" Natsu diverted the subject away from him.

"Yes," Lucy answered, "He's in his bedroom."

"Good."

She then turned towards their bathroom, deciding to get the ivory Jacuzzi ready for her husband.

"Let me prepare your bath first," she said happily.

Before she could take another step away from him, he stopped her and made her look at him again.

This startled her.

What's even more startling was when he kissed her. She was caught off-guard.

Although it was sudden, Lucy didn't give any sign of protest, instead she returned to him the passionate kiss he gave her. Her eyes were closed, as were his.

How long had it been since they felt the warmth and softness of each other's lips?

A while, it had been.

And it still felt and tasted as good as the first time on their wedding day.

Slowly their lips parted, just as their eyes opened again to look at the other.

"Don't die..." he whispered quietly.

"What?"

He stared deeper into her eyes.

Something that Natsu never dreamed of looking forward to was the day when he would never see those brown orbs again.

"You are not allowed to die unless I say so," his unruffled voice and cool smell of minty breath brushed her face.

She smiled.

"Silly. There is no one there to hurt me when you're around."

He just continued to stare.

Knowing that he'd keep looking at her if she didn't say something else, she added,

"Okay, I won't. I promise."