5: Purple

DRAGNEEL MAIN HOUSE

Natsu's Office...

"You really shouldn't be throwing a party for me, it's too much of an honor."

Invel said as he took a sip of his glass of champagne.

He and Natsu sat face to face on the couch. A glass table between them.

As both of them were having a conversation, a celebration was being held in the family lounge at the same time; a little something for his return.

"Why not? It's only fitting for a dear friend such as you. Besides, everyone is having fun," Natsu replied.

"Well," Invel smirked, "I guess it isn't that bad."

"So, why suddenly come back after all this time?" Natsu asked as he placed his glass on the table.

"Mmm... I know it was my idea to leave in the first place," he answered with a sigh, "But I kinda got bored in England, so yeah. Here I am, back again. Back in business."

The Don chuckled and countered,

"You were my dispatcher. A very good one. You'll always be welcome here."

"I see I've missed a lot," Invel started as he fixed his eyeglasses, "You already have a woman and an heir. That's big news."

He gave a slight nod,

"A lot has happened in three years."

"Mmmm...but what I don't understand is why SHE is here."

Now the both of them came eye to eye with each other. The atmosphere suddenly turned serious.

"She planned to kill you. Wanted you dead," Invel continued, "Do you really think she won't do it again?"

There was silence after that.

"It's not just going to be your life, Natsu. The Lady and your son, who knows what kind of sick plan she's got for them."

At the mention of Lucy and Lucas, Natsu's eyes narrowed.

"Lisanna won't dare. If she does, it's going to be her head this time," he answered with no trace of hesitation.

Invel stared at his eyes deeply. He knew at that very moment, Natsu will kill anyone who would try to cause them pain. Be it Lisanna or whoever the hell it is.

He sighed,

"Well, if you want someone killed, I'm always here," Invel said, "Just say the word."

.

Just after he said it, the door to the office opened.

Lucy came in with a smile on her face.

"Baby..." Natsu said as he stood up and went towards her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Ah, the Lady Wife, it's a pleasure to finally be this close to you in person," Invel greeted, slightly bending down his head in respect.

"I can say the same thing to you, Invel," Lucy replied as she turned her attention to him.

"My my, I feel like we've known each other for a long time already," Invel gave out a chuckle. 

Natsu smirked at him,

"Don't push your luck," he said.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to get killed by you," the former hit man gave the Don a knowing look.

A feminine sound of clearing of throat got both of their attention,

"You two should be joining us at the party, not stay here all by yourselves," Lucy playfully pointed a finger on her husband's chest.

"Yes we will," Natsu started to leave, placing his hand on her back. Leading her out of the office.

"Ah, before I forget," Invel rummaged through his baggage that he had been carrying around since he arrived from the airport, "Here, it's a tea I bought from England. It's not much, but I hope you'd at least try it."

He handed the box to Lucy.

"I love tea! Thank you so much," she accepted politely.

Then a small figure came running into the room, crying.

It was Lucas, headed straight to Natsu, hugging one of his legs.

His father bent down and picked him up, with Lucy wiping his tears with a handkerchief.

"What is it?" he asked calmly.

"Diva! My cake! Ate my cake!"

Their baby boy's face was flustered.

Lucy found this rather cute.

"Oh?" she said with a smile, "Let's go ask aunt Mira for another one."

With that, he started to calm down.

"You must be Lucas?" Invel started as he stared at the boy, "Here, I have something for you, too."

It was a lollipop. Purple in color and was wrapped in a transparent cover with a red tie.

Little Lucas stretched his arm and got the candy.

"What do you say, darling?" Lucy still had that smile on.

The boy sniffed as he looked deeply into the man's eyes.

Something about those eyes seemed to be...unpredictable. But only Lucas appeared to get this feeling.

"Thank you," he said with his gentle voice.