{1}

IF YOU HAVENT READ THE PROLOGUE GO DO THAT NOW TO UNDERSTAND THE STORY FAM

John POV

I stared at the brick building in utter fear, dread, and disbelief. That day was the first day of senior year, at a completely new high school might I add.

I came from South Carolina, meaning I didn't know shit about crazy city life. I didn't feel like I would fit in. It didn't matter how scared I was though, it beat staying with my abusive, homophobic father.

I entered the double doors to the school, and headed to the main office.

"Hello, Mrs.Washington?" I asked, glancing at the name tag on the lady's maroon blouse.

"Yes, Sir?" She looked up from her laptop screen.

"I'm John Laurens, I came here for my schedule,"

"Ah, yes! Here you go Mr.Laurens," she handed me a piece of paper.

[John Laurens]
(12th year, senior)
                                      Locker: 1782

1st period: Mr.Washington (history)

2nd period: Mr.Adams (math)

3rd period: Mrs.Monroe (art) [ELECTIVE]

4th period: Mr.Jackson (english)

5th period: Mr.Kennedy (biology)

Lunch

6th period: Mr.Roosevelt (comprehension)

7th period: Mr.Kennedy (gym)

8th period: Mr.Washington (study haul)

It wasn't too bad.

"Thank you," I said.

"Anytime, Sir,"

I waved then left, heading towards my locker.

I stuffed what little things I had inside,
and ran off towards my first class.

When I arrived, I sat down near the back and rested my head in my hands. I was tired already.

The loud conversations felt like a lullaby. Sound never bothered me, I could just drown it out into a beautifully twisted melody.

"Alright, class! Welcome to history, with yours truly, George Washington. Call me Mr.Washington though," Mr.Washington laughed nervously.

We laughed.

"Anyway, we're going to read the syllabus, so get it out," he said, slightly more monotone than before.

Overall, the class was insanely boring, and before I knew it, Washington led us towards the gym for an assembly. We walked in a quick pace, staying together as a group.

I sat down on the edge of the bleachers, next to two guys eating each other's faces off.

"Students of King's High, welcome! To start off this assembly, we have Alexander Hamilton bringing us an original speech!" The principal exclaimed.

Everybody groaned.

"What's so bad about Alexander Hamilton?" I asked the two men beside me.

"It's not exactly about the man, but rather how long his speeches are," The man on the left answered, obviously French. (HIS SPEECHES ARENT THE ONLY THING THATS LONG)

"Oh, it's totally the man. He always thinks he's the best, all because everyone else adores him. He has the most beautiful girl in school as his girlfriend, and at the top of all his classes," The man on the right explained.

"Have you ever talked to him?" I inquired.

They both shook their heads.

"Then you can't really judge him, can you?"

They both shook their heads.

"Oh, by the way, what are your names? I'm John,"

"Marquis De Lafayette, or just Laf," The French one answered.

"Herc," the other replied shortly.

After all the small talk, I tuned back into the universe momentarily.

"I hope that this isn't beyond your comprehension, Jefferson", Alexander Hamilton sneered.

His voice sounded familiar, too familiar. I turned my head to see someone I thought I could only dream of.

Alexander Hamilton

Alex

Lexi

Lex

Peach

Peach Fuzz

No, it couldn't be.

"Mon ami, are you alright?" Laf snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you over my internal monologue, what were you saying?" I joked.

They laughed, but I didn't.

I needed to meet this Alexander Hamilton.