chapter forty five ♡

lillian ♡

"hey b!" i smiled calling my brother by his nickname mom gave him years ago.

"lily" brian smiled pulling me into a hug.

we pulled away seconds after.

"jack. it's always good to see you, bro." my brother then said shaking jacks hand.

"you too" jack said with a smile.

"lily" lydia smiled and hugged me as well.

"hey, lydia." i smiled.

"have you guys found a place?" i asked them.

"yes, actually, we're moving in next week" bryan smiled.

"that's great" i smiled.

"yeah so why are you here? don't get me wrong, i've missed you and i'm glad you are." bryan said.

"um well, me and sammy broke up and i just, i didn't want to be in the same state as him anymore, i wanted to be home, it's better this way" i said.

"do i need to fly somewhere to kick someone's a-" he started but i cut him off.

"none of that nonsense. but he did hurt me, you can call him, text him and yell at him but don't physically fight him" i said because he will do that.

and he has before.

"you're okay?" he asked.

"i'm okay" i nodded and walked upstairs and walked to my bedroom. the same as it was when i left it.

we had like a lot of extra rooms in this house since it was kinda big so bryan and lydia said they would choose the guest room and leave me and jacks alone.

i needed to post on twitter about me and sammys break up.

i put my bags down and took my phone out going on twitter, and i saw sammy posted something only a few hours ago.

sammywilk: me and lily didn't break up, just going through a rough patch! love you guys

why is he doing this? is he trying to save his reputation or something? because like i'm sorry but i'm not trying to save your reputation.

so i replied to his tweet.

lillianxo: @sammywilk, oh? i didn't know you cheating on me multiple times meant we were still together?

here's how this went:

sammywilk: we will get through this, remember? we aren't breaking up

lillianxo: actually i broke up with you twice already, do you need to get your ears checked?

sammywilk: stop

lillianxo: stop what? stop ruining your reputation because if that's all you're worried about then i think you've got a long road ahead of you.

lillianxo: hey guys, i just wanted to say, and i know you've probably already got it but me and sammy are officially done and i'm not going to sit here and type about how much i'll always care for him and how this was best, because i would be lying to you guys, sammy hurt me, a lot so no i don't care about what he is going to do, he treated me badly and i just want him to learn from this and not do this to someone else. thank you for understanding, xo

i turned my phone off and as soon as i did, he was calling me.

"yes?" i said annoyed as i put the phone to my ear.

"why are you trying to ruin my career?" he yelled.

"i'm not, i'm just telling the truth, something you should learn to do."

"maybe i'll just accidently leak the video of you trying to kill yourself then" he said.

my heart stopped beating, i swear it did.

how did he, and why does he have a video of it? i didn't know someone videoed this? what the hell.

"you doing that, would make you a hundred times more awful, i'd think about that first if i were you." i said lowly and hung up.

i was still froze practically. i stood there just staring off into nothing.

"hey, are you okay?" jack. it was jack.

i dropped the phone and turned around and looked at him.

"how does he have a video.." i said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

jack looked at me closely, "what are you talking about, lily?"

"sammy, how does he have a video of me when i- when my mom died" i said again.

and he got what i meant.

"he's sick, don't worry about it okay? he's just messed up in every way. i'll take care of it" he said.

"he said he was going to post it, everyone will know, jack. and i'll get made fun of again and everything will go dark again" i said with more tears rolling down my face.

he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"hey, i will make sure that doesn't happen. i'm right here" he whispered as he moved his hands up and down my back.

i just stayed there, in his arms, the only place i had ever felt safe in.

the only person i'd ever felt safe with.