f i f t e e n

"zach... i heard soccer tryouts are coming up soon." my father was home for once and he was typing something on his computer at the kitchen table.

"yeah in two weeks" zach mumbled as he glanced up at his dad from across the room.

"are you gonna play this year?" his dad glanced up at him.

"i don't think so" zach mumbled as he looked at his dad, who sighed when he heard what zach had to say.

he sat his papers down and looked up at zach, "why do you suddenly not like soccer?"

"i just don't feel like playing dad" zach was getting annoyed with all of the questions and he could feel pain in his chest.

"i heard they're getting a new coach for the highschool team, some chick" his dad said and this immediately zach felt a shiver go down his back.

"did the old coach get fired? did he quit? retire?" zach started asking questions now.

"slow down buddy, he's a little to young to retire and i think he got transferred to another school" his dad answered.

zach was silent now but his heart never stopped and his dad asked once again, "can you at least think about it?"

zach nodded as he stood up and ran up the stairs, up to his room.

zach laid on his bed silently staring at the ceiling.

"a new coach huh?" he mumbled as he listened to the fan rotate as it blew on medium speed.

zach's lungs felt like they we're collapsing as he thought about the old coach.

"i could at least try out i guess..." zach mumbled as he sat up.

he slowly opened his closet and pulled out an old gym bag, inside sat an obviously used soccer ball.

it had green stains and a couple of the strings we're ripped and the ball was some what deflated looking.

"its been a while" he mumbled as he lifted the ball up to his forehead.

zach trotted down stairs, "i need a new ball."

his father seemed shocked that he had been holding a soccer ball.

"wait are you playing? never mind. just use ryan's ball, i'll buy you one later" his father was every where with his words.

"yes, i'm gonna play."

feedback?

i am in love with my new theme

(updating love means nothing later.)