| ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ |

══════════════════

The Homecoming Week was over too fast for your liking. Too much fun just in matter of days. At school, you became close with Peter, Ned and Michelle, seeing that Alex was too busy in his Basketball match practice, and spending other time with his new girlfriend, Samantha. You enjoyed being with the Nerds, talking about all the nerdy stuff. And Star Wars. And Harry Potter. And Avengers, apparently.

At home, though, many things were going on. The Avengers, Bucky new inclusion to the team, were busy beating all the bad guys around the world into shape. Some days, a few Avengers would go to missions, some days, everyone was needed to save lives, and other days, they just stuck at home, for relaxing.

It was one particular day, Wednesday to be accurate, when you asked them all to help you select one hero whom you were going to dress up like. The argument that erupted among the Avengers was as fantastic as you think it can be. You however, ended up dressing like Captain Marvel, and Peter turned up as Deadpool.

 ────────────── 

Flashback

"Guys, I need to dress up as a superhero tomorrow-" Before you could finish your sentence, Steve interrupted.

"So you're dressing up like me?" he said, a smug smile on his face. And he stood up from the couch, pushing past Nat to face you.

"Definitely not, Grandpa Frisbee," said Nat, and stretched her leg in Steve's way. Certainly, he did not see it coming, tripped on her ankle, and falling hard face-first on the ground. Nat stretched again and yawned, "God help America," earning a few chuckles around the room.

"Cap? You okay? Do you need your walking stick?" Tony entered the living room, tapping his tablet a few times and his Iron Man suits flew overhead and bunched behind him.

"It's not nice to insult your elders, Tony," Steve grunted as he stood and seated next to Sam on other couch, pouting.

"So I've heard," Tony murmured. "Anyways, I also heard that you need a costume for your super-duper dress up game, sweetie. And I present you the-" he waved his hands and the suits step aside to show a feminine looking armor, which must have been built for you. You got so excited about having your own Iron Man suit that you were shaking from head to toe. Extending your hand towards the armor, someone stopped you from doing so.

"NO!" roared Pepper as her voice boomed through the speakers. "Tony! I told you so many times not to give her any weapons. She is just a girl, she isn't an Avenger yet-"

"Mute," you just sighed as you withdrew your hand. You were tired of being treated as a fragile, helpless girl. You were far better than that, and everyone would know if you were only given a chance. Instantly, Wanda was at your side, patting your shoulder.

"Come on, let's find you a Scarlet Witch costume," she winked.

"Puh-lease, Wanda, we all know (Y/N)'d make a better Black widow," Nat smiled a tad too sweetly.

"Guys, I- I think we should let (Y/N) decide for herself-" Bruce considered debating, but was drowned out by his science bro.

"Keep your imaginations to yourselves, ladies. I have already built her a suit and that's what she will wear tomorrow. Final." Only these words from your dad were enough to create chaos in the living room. Everyone shouted at each other about whom you're going to dress up like. You searched around the room to find anyone who was willing to stop this yelling.

But you saw Bucky instead. Sitting on the platform of the kitchen, indulging in his two dozen plums, clearly not wanting to be disturbed. You went over to him and whispered your idea. A little addition to the pandemonium already raging on wouldn't hurt, right? And your Partner in Crime was too eager to help you out.

So as planned, you lined up every single snack you could find, on the dining table, the tables near the sofas and any place where dishes could be kept. In all the heated commotion, no one noticed you and Bucky silently slipping plates and dishes of cakes and crackers and Doritos and pies amongst them.

It all started when Sam, unknown to the salsa sauce bowl on his chair, sat on it. A moment passed, and the whole room fell silent. And he was on his feet in another moment, yelling in his funny accent, "WHAT THE HELL MAN!?"

He took notice of Bucky grinning at him wildly, and threw the bowl of salsa sauce across the room, which apparently landed on Cap's left boob, showering him in the tangy liquid.

And so, Steve returned the favor by hurling an apple pie to Sam's face. Which almost missed its mark, as Vision stepped in between unaware of the throw and the pie splattered half on him and half on Sam.

"I believe this is a game," Vision said, picking up a pastry left near the armrest of the sofa. "And I wish to win it." Thor was roaring in laughter, and shoving pop-tarts into his mouth, to actually give an opinion.

With it, went the pastry right over to Nat's head. She picked up a bowl of Doritos and chucked them towards Cap. "Some Doritos to go with the sauce, Grandpa Dorito."

Then, it was all a blur. People throwing food at each other with incredible aims, dodging some others. Teaming up against one, and attacking fervently and laughing. When they ran out of snacks, they went over to the dining room and spoiling all the food stocked there. You and Bucky just sat silently in a corner, watching all the events unfold.

When they realized that you both had planned this all, they smeared you and Bucky both in all the stuff they could get their hands on. The whole of living room, kitchen and dining room was ruined in 30 minutes. The Earth's Mightiest Heroes drenched in cakes, pies, crackers, Doritos, sauces and fruits, and what not.

Partners in Crime, indeed.

 ────────────── 

You still had to find a date for your Homecoming, tomorrow. You guessed Peter would have asked Michelle, so you didn't bother asking him. And Alex had chosen Samantha over you, and Ned already hinted that he got a date.

Tony had selected a surprise dress for you to wear tomorrow because he was as excited about your Homecoming, as you were. He had first refused to let you go, but then gradually, with some help from your pouty lips and puppy eyes, you managed to coax him into saying yes. Little did he know that you hadn't exactly found a guy with whom you'd be going.

You were walking idly along the streets of New York, immersed in your own thought, and a couple of guards trailing behind you. Just then you bumped into someone.

"Hi-" Guess who could it be?

══════════════════