| ʟɪᴋᴇ ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ |

══════════════════

Peter's POV

Nothing. Nothing interesting going on in the world. Nothing that could need my help. I would have felt useless if Mr. Stark hadn't recruited me to keep an eye on (Y/N). I flicked through news channels, hoping to find a case where Spiderman could help. Then the doorbell rang.

"Peter! Open the door!" came May's voice from the kitchen. I back-flipped from the couch to the door, knowing that May couldn't see me.

I opened the door, expecting a delivery man or someone. But when I saw the girl, whom I deeply crush on, standing on the doorway, my expressions shifted from tired to shock. I must have stared at her for a really long time, or I think so because she had to wave her hand in front of me to snap me into the moment. I stumbled on my words, embarrassed.

"H-hi," I managed to get out the word. "How come you're here?"

"Hey," she said confidently. She motioned to ask me if she could enter and I awkwardly shifted to let her in.

"Who's there Peter?" May called out, hurrying towards the door in her dirty apron. "I swear if it's that creepy neighbor again-" before May could go on, (Y/N) flashed her charming smile and greeted her.

"Hey, are you..." May trailed off, wiping her hands on the apron first and shaking her hand with (Y/N).

"(Y/N) Brooks," she nodded, her smile still adorning her face. I might crush on (Y/N) but I have to control it before Mr. Stark gets to know and crushes me.

"Oh yeah, I've heard quite a lot about you from Peter." May started towards the kitchen again. "In fact, he won't stop-"

"I- I think we'll leave that part," I said, pulling (Y/N) into my room before she could hear any more of May. "Thanks, May," ...for making it even more embarrassing for me, I called out before shutting the door. I stayed by the door should May decide to come in any moment.

"So...why are you here?" I asked as casually as I could over the fact that my room was very, very untidy. Papers and notebooks littered every table and clothes were hanging from the dressers and...

"I know who you are," she said, her gaze finally resting on me. Her beautiful wide eyes stared into mine. I was so struck by her, I did not realize that she was talking about something.

"Yeah, you know me, I'm Peter...Peter Parker," I said as I broke the stare and not making eye contact with her. My hands fidgeted nervously behind my back.

"No, Peter. I know who you are," she shook her head, a serious tone in her voice which made me wince.

"I'm just- just Peter," I said, my words seemed unconvincing even to me.

"You're... spidey-what? Yeah the crime-fighting Spider..." she said as stepped towards me. I didn't know that she had the same height as me. "Spider boy? Spider-ling?"

"Spiderman," I blurted out. God, what is with the Stark's bloodline and not getting my name right? I thought. I mentally face-palmed for admitting that I'm Spiderman. She smirked wickedly and wiggled her brows, clearly, she had won.

"Mr. Stark's gonna kill me," I muttered under my breath.

"And I know that you know that I'm (Y/N) Stark, not Brooks, don't you?" she said, examining pages on the desk beside her. Mr. Stark's really gonna kill me, now that (Y/N) knows that I'm Spider ling... no! Spiderman.

"Yea- yeah I know it, but, listen, you shouldn't be here-"

"I'm here to take you with me," she said, flipping pages of a book. "I want to go out somewhere, but dad can't come with me. Neither any of the Avengers. So only you can because of your low-profile and secret identity and all..."

"Mr. Stark would allow?" I asked anxiously.

"Oh yeah. Actually, he only suggested I go with you. We can get to know each other too."

"I can't. I can't come." How much am I gonna embarrass myself in front of her?

"Why? I've got tickets for both of us."

"I got homework." Stupid me! Can't make a proper excuse...

"Oh. I'm gonna pretend you didn't say it." She smiled as she rummaged her bag for something. Like father like daughter, I admit. "Here. I have done the Chemistry assignment for you."

She held out some papers and I took them. She smiled expectantly while I scanned through her work.

"Don't worry, it's a bit a different from mine," she winked.

"Yeah, uh, thanks," I muttered as I put the papers on the desk beside her. "But I don't know if May would allow..."

"Yeah, that's my problem. You get dressed up, something comfortable and meet me in the kitchen in five." With that she moved out through the door, brushing past me, flashing that beautiful smile to me. I took a sharp intake of breath and the sweet scent of her perfume filled my nose and my heart. I fell for this girl harder than when I fell from an eighty floored building while swinging and broke my 4 ribs, dislocated an arm, and fractured my leg. Oh the pain!

(Y/N) and I left my apartment in 10 minutes, into Mr. Stark's car waiting for us, off to a place I know not where.

"So, (Y/N)? Where exactly are we going?" I asked her nervously, hoping to get a proper answer and not any riddles or puzzles to solve. I knew exactly where she was taking me but I couldn't help but ask to calm my nerves. Each turn of the car made it all so promising that I was going to the place which I avoided the most.

(Y/N), sitting beside me in the passenger seat, faced me with a mischievous smile playing on her lips and amusement gleamed in her eyes.

══════════════════