chapter 13

I stand behind Kay's door alone. Maya couldn't come because she had a doctor's appointment. Her belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Selfish isn't it? For me to be here while my Fiancee had a doctors appointment. But it wasn't my fault. She begged me not come. I tried everything she said no and that she'll see me after. So you see? Don't jump the gun and call me a douche. I knock on Kay's door and i wait. She opens the door wearing a fitting blue maxi dress. She throws me a catious smile and motions for me to enter. Immediately i do, I'm hit with the smell of food. My mouth instantly waters.

"hey" she tells me in a soft voice.
"hi. Where are the kids?", her face immediately becomes sad. My heart aches for her but i can't help it. She went too far this time. She motions for me to come with her and i do. In the living room the twins are playing on the carpet. Alexis looks at me and sends me a toothless grin and my heart instanly warms at the sight. JJ however is currently fighting a battle with gravity as he tries to prevent his eyes from shutting. The kid looks freaking adorable. I walk over to them and cradle JJ in my arms to which Alexis doesn't want as she lets out an ear piercing shriek. 

"I'll take him" Kay says from behind me as she carefully takes JJ from my arms to put him down for his nap. I walk over to Alexis and crouch down.

"Hey princess. You don't like it when daddy doesn't give you attention do you?" i sit down beside her as she crawls over to me. I pick her up and blow raspberry's all over her body making her squeal in delight. Before i realise we'd been playing for close to thirty mins. She also starts to loose her battle to sleep so i craddle her in my arms and she falls asleep. I transfer her to her cot and can't resist but touch her beautiful face. I walk out careful to close the door behind me.

Mikayla's Pov:

"You're good with them" i tell Jason who is a little surprised by my comment considering the fact that i crept up on him. I couldn't help it. He was just such a good father.
"Thanks "he replied back. But i knew he was just saying it out of courtesy.
"I made you some lunch " He nods and follows me to the living room where on the coffee table i've layed out a grilled cheese sandwich along with Mac and cheese and a potato salad. He sits down and immediately starts to devour the food.
"you always were a good cook" he tells me with genuine appreciation in his eyes
"Thank you"
"What did you want to talk about?"
"I'm sorry for what happened at Mikayla's place. I should've just asked you about it first but when she mentioned shipping the kids to boarding school-"
"Wait. Boarding school?"
i purse my lips before replying "she said she was going to ship the kids of to boarding school when they got old enough and-"
"She isn't shipping my kids to boarding school" he says with a scowl and i can't help but feel happy at the thought. I smile at him
"Don't worry Kay, everything would be alright. Your kids are not going anywhere. They're going to be fine and they have a little sibling on the way too." i Stiffen at that. He catches it and he sighs
"You're going to have to accept that my kids are going to have a step sibling
"I know but it'll take time"

he nods at me and we continue chatting. Before we realize its 3:30p.m and I call Ode who tells me that Blake didn't let her leave the house because they've been in bed all day, but she's on her way. I tell Jason and he tells me that he has to get going. Maya hasn't called him yet so he's a bit worried. I walk him to the door and give him a hug goodbye. I can't help but inhale his scent. I miss it. Immediately he leaves i shut the door and i let a single tear fall down....