Chapter 32

"Graduation"

            It was currently Saturday morning and I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Today was graduation day but I didn’t have to start getting ready until noon and it was only ten. I was watching Paranormal witness and to be honest I was really scared. I don’t even know why I still watch this show. It always scares the shit outta me.

            “Boo,” someone yelled as they grabbed my shoulders. I jumped up and screamed my head off. When I turned around I saw Hunter bent at the knees laughing his ass off.

            “You are so not funny,” I yelled as I pushed him.

            “It was hilarious!”      

            “You’re an ass,” I said as I sat back down to finish watching my show.

            “Why do you even watch this stuff? All it does is scare you,” he said as he sat down beside me.

            “Yeah but it’s really good,” I said as I looked over at him. This was the first time in a couple of months that he was acting normal with me. “What’s going on?”

            “What do you mean,” he asked looking surprised.

            “You haven’t tried to hang out with me in months,” I said with a raised eyebrow. When I said that I could see shame come over his face and he looked down at his hands.

            “I’m sorry,” he said quietly.

            “Why did you start acting the way you did?”

            “I was…jealous.”

            “What,” I said. It was my turn to be surprised.

            “You started hanging out with Aidan all the time. I couldn’t compete with your boyfriend. You stopped paying attention to me so I started acting like an ass.”

            “That’s why you hated Aidan so much,” I asked as I reached out to touch his arm.

            “Yeah.”

            “All you had to do was say something. I would have made time for us to hang out.”

            “I get that now but I wasn’t used to someone else taking up all of your time.”

            “I’m sorry I ignored you,” I said.

            “I’m sorry I acted like an ass,” he said back. With a big smile I leaned over and gripped him in a tight hug.

            “I love you little brother,” I said.

            “I love you too,” he said with a laugh as I pulled back and went back to watching TV. After a few minutes I heard him clear his throat and I looked over at him. He looked a little but nervous.

            “You need to say something,” I asked.

            “I was wondering how you would feel about me bringing a girl to the beach house,” he said but he never looked up.

            “What girl,” I asked surprised.

            “Her name is Emma. I met her a couple of months ago and I really like her,” he said as he blushed.