Chapter 2

"The Bad Boy"

          After I heard who I was partnered with I kind of zoned out. I couldn’t believe that for the rest of the year I was stuck with him. Everyone knows who Aidan Riley is. I’m sure most of the girls in this gym would love to be paired with him, but not me. I hated this. He is nothing but trouble.

            Aidan Riley was the ultimate bad boy. He rode a big black motorcycle to school every day, never did his school work, skipped class all the time, was always in some sort of fight, and would even smoke on campus. Nobody ever said anything to him about it either! He always wore black too. I did not understand that. He always had on fitted black jeans, a tight black t-shirt, black boots, and a beat up black leather jacket. Every day. It made no sense.

            He would walk down the hallways as though he owned them. And of course everyone just moved out of his way. And if all of that didn’t frustrate me that damn smirk of his did. He always had that smirk on his face and sometimes I really wanted to smack it off his face. The bad part about all of this is that I’ve never talked to the boy and never wanted to but now I’m stuck with him.

            Before I knew it Mrs. Greenwood was finished with the pairing and had started clearing her throat again.

            “Since everyone now knows who they are partnered with its time to get to class. Except for the seniors. You all need to stay here so that we can go over a few things,” she said. When she finished talking all of the lower grades left to go to their first period class.

            “I cannot believe this,” I said quietly.

            “Me either. You are so lucky,” Sidney said.

            “How am I lucky,” I asked after I snapped my head back in her direction.

            “Every senior girl wanted to get paired with him. He is H-O-T, hot. Why are you not happy?”

            “Because I’m going to end up carrying his weight. He’s not going to do anything. Just like usual. You know how he is.”

            “I guess I hadn’t thought about that. You’re probably right. He doesn’t do any work in any of his other classes.”

            “He's staring at you Kayla,” Amber said as she was looking down below us.

            I moved my head to look down at him and sure enough he was staring at me. When he noticed I was now looking at him he raised his hand and gave me a two finger wave. I really hated him. I turned my head back to my friends just to see them staring down at him.

            “Earth to Amber and Sidney,” I said as I waved my hand in front of their faces.

            “What,” was the only response I got.

            “What are you staring at?”

            When I said that Amber jerked her head up and looked at me. I saw her start to blush and all I could do was smile.

            “I can’t help it. He’s so hot. I don’t know how you don’t see it,” Amber said looking at me.

            In all honesty I did see it. I knew he was gorgeous. He was tall; at least 6'3. His body was broad and he was muscular. You could always see his six pack through his tight shirts. He had shaggy black hair that was always falling into his eyes. His eyes were an electric blue color and he had the longest eye lashes I have ever seen. His nose was crooked from all the times he had broken it but it was an attractive look on him. His mouth was full and gorgeous with the cutest dimple on the right side. It was completely kissable but he always had that stupid smirk on his face. That’s what ruined his good looks for me.