Fourteen;

Carnell ~

" Carnell, get up! " Gabrielle whined, tugging at my arm. " It's almost 12, "

" Wake me up at 1. "

" No! That's too late. "

I yawned and buried my face deeper into the pillow.

" I'm gonna start biting. "

I turned to look at her. " Please do. "

She punched my arm and I chuckled. " That never hurts, Gabrielle. "

" I'm not trying to hurt you yet. "

" Yet? "

" Yes. Yet. "

" Why do I have to be up so early ?"

" You missed breakfast! "

" Lay down with me. "

" No. "

" Please? "

" No. "

" Come on. When is the last time we laid down together and had a real conversation? "

She shifted on the bed. " Last night. "

" Well, let's do it again. "

She scoffed, and left the room. I hugged the pillow and sighed. Truth is, I wasn't tired at all. I was just stalling for time so I didn't have to tell Gabrielle what happened. I want to tell her, but I don't want her to know. Ya know? It's not even about me, or what she'd do to me. It's more about the stress it would put on her, and her emotions. So, with that being said, I figure that I have to tell her eventually. It'll eat me alive if I don't.

My phone has been off for 3 days, because Jorelys won't stop blowing it up. If Gabrielle saw half of the messages Jorelys has been sending........good grief. Can you say, WWIII ? I can.

I got up and stretched out, knowing that Gabrielle wouldn't let me live it down if I didn't. I dragged out to the kitchen, and she was angrily putting dishes in the dishwasher. She looked at me with sharp eyes and rolled them. I smiled.

" Don't be like that, " I said, wrapping my arms around her chest.

" You have been really irritating for the past 3 days, you know that? All you do is sleep and eat, and its really starting to piss me off. "

" I'm sorry. Forgive me? Come on, let's go out. Just you and me. "

" I don't want to go anywhere, Carnell. I want to stay here, and lay in your lap and watch movies for 6 hours straight. That's all. But you're always unconscious. "

I kissed her chin. " You wanna watch movies for 6 hours? Fine. We'll have a movie night. "

" Really? "

" Really. Right now. I'll put on some popcorn and you go pick the movies. "

" Yay, " she smiled cheerily and hobbled off into the back.

I rolled my eyes. Pregnant women. Keep them happy, or seek death. Simple.

I shuffled through the cabinets and cupboards searching for the popcorn. When I couldn't find it, I just laughed. Awesome.

" Babe! " I called to the back.

" Yeah? " Gabrielle shuffled out of my room with a stack of DVDs.

" We're fresh out of popcorn. "

" Go get some. "

I grabbed my keys, and smiled. " Right. I'll just go get some. That would be the smart thing to do, " I mumbled.