Nine;

Gabrielle ~

I was starting to see him everywhere.

I nibbled on a soft cinnamon and sugar pretzel while walking through the mall with my little brother.
" This hot dog is so good, " he mumbled with a mouth full of food.
I rolled my eyes. " You're such an animal. "
" That's what they say, " he winked.
" Shut up, Christian. "
His eyes trailed away from mine to a nearby Apple store.
" Gab! " he called.
" No. Now let's go. "
I peeled his face off the glass that kept the MacbookPRO's safe from savages like him.
" So, what exactly are we looking for? " he scratched his head.
I picked at my pretzel. " Stroller. "
" What kind of stroller? "
" The kind with wheels. What do you mean, 'what kind' ? What kind of question is that? " I snapped.
He retreated away from me. I sighed.
" I'm sorry, Christian. I'm sorry. I haven't slept in three days. "
" Why? That can't be healthy. "
" It's not. I've just had a lot on my mind. That's all. "
" Like? "
" The baby's future. My future. "
" Gabrielle, you're like, what, 23? You have plenty of time to think of your future. "
" I'm not 23, and I guess you're right. It doesn't hurt to wonder. "
" That's true, but you shouldn't stress yourself out with it. "
" Yeah. I guess not. "
" You don't even look pregnant yet. "
" Are you kidding me? You can definitely tell. "
He rolled his eyes. " You're such a female. "
" I try. You know, Christian? Sometimes I-"
Before I could finish my sentence, Carnell's face flashed in front of me then disappeared; stopping me dead in my tracks.
" Gabrielle? Are you okay? " Christian snapped in my face. My shoulders dropped as I left out air.
I cupped my cheeks in my eyes. Deep breaths. " Yes. Yeah, yeah. I'm ... fine. "
He raised his eyebrow. " You're lying. "
" So? "
" Anyway. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet? "
" No. Not until next months visit. "
" I hope it's a girl. "
" Why? "
" So I can't raise her to be dope like her favorite uncle. "
I chuckled. " Shut up, Christian. "

6 hours, and zero strollers later, Christian and I pulled into our unnecessarily large driveway.
" Why don't you want Mother knowing you're here? "
" She thinks I never visit her, when in fact, every single break I've had, I've spent here. You'd think she'd notice me at least once. Maybe if she spent less time in her Pent House bedroom and actually exercised the size of the house a bit, then she wouldn't have to wonder. It's not like I've been exactly hiding. She just hasn't been paying attention. "
" Um..okay? " I got out of the car, pushed through the large cherry-wood double doors, and made my way upstairs.
Automatically, I had left my phone home, and when I checked it, I had 40 different notifications. Texts, voicemails, missed calls, and even emails. I didn't even bother checking them. Instead, I got ready for another long sleepless night.

Carnell ~

I woke up to a loud banging on my door. I groggily made my way to unlocking it, when Patrick busted through with four or five other people with him.
" Goodmorning, Brother. " he smiled.
The people dressed in white, and in a line behind him.
" Who are they? " I rubbed my eyes.
" Don't worry about them. " he spun me around, and pushed me to the back of my apartment and into the bathroom.
" Here, " he handed me a brown bag. " And don't be afraid to use it all. "
He closed the door behind him, and I heard muffled voices all throughout the apartment. I poured the bag into the sink.
Axe. Axe shampoo, Axe body spray, Axe body wash, and Axe lotion.
I avoided looking myself in the mirror, and slid down the wall of my bathroom.

" I don't hear the shower running! " Patrick's annoying voice seeped through the door. " Don't make me come in there, Breeding! "

I sighed and turned on the water as hot as I could make it. The fire beads hit my skin, turning me red from head to toe.
I could almost feel her here with me.
She hadn't been answering any of my phone calls. No replies to any type of message. So Patrick was right. He must've been right. Why would she just...leave?

I thinks it's real funny when you care for someone for so long, and they ignore it, but when the feelings are mutual everything is perfect, right? Wrong. I don't know why its wrong, but it is, apparently. Where the h*ll did I go wrong? What would make her just pack up and leave me without a word? She left a note. A f*cking note. She couldn't even tell me to my face. Surely you can see why I'm a little sour now.

" You okay in there? " Patrick banged on the door.
" Go away, Patrick. "
" No. We got things to do. Hurry up. "
I sighed out of frustration a continued.

" Dude.......are those tears? " Patrick said dumbfounded as I got out of the bathroom.
" What do you want, Patrick? "
" We have a busy day today. "
I pulled a shirt over my head, and yawned as I made my way to the kitchen.
" What the f- .... " I whispered. " What happened to my place? "
" It's clean. Isn't it nice? "
" You hired a cleaning service? "
" Well, you obviously weren't gonna do it. "
I scoffed and opened the fridge. " Why is my refrigerator empty? "
" Things were starting to spoil. Grocery shopping is on our To-Do list, also. "
" You are highly irritating. "
" Whatever. Put some shoes on. Let's go, "
" I don't want to go anywhere. Unless, we're looking for Gabrielle. "
" Look. You're my brother, and I love you. But this is not healthy. You told me she left a note saying it was for the better. Maybe she was right. "
" You and Noelle are a*sholes. "
" I'm just trying to help you. "
" I don't want to be helped. I don't need help. I need Gabrielle. "
" You don't need her, what you need is oxygen. Is she the equivalent to oxygen? No. You'll be fine. "
I'd never felt so violent towards him in my whole life.
" I don't know where you're going, but I'm going to find Gabrielle. "
" No, you're not. You're coming with me. "
" Wanna bet? "
He pulled a shiny chain of keys out of his pocket and shook them in my face.
" Yeah, I do. I bet you won't be going anywhere without your car keys. "
" Ugh! " I marched out of the apartment behind him in protest. Taken hostage by my own brother.
" Where are we even going? "
" Park. "
" Why the f*ck are you taking me to a park? "
" You talk too much. "

We showed up at an empty park, and almost immediately an all too familiar silhouette caught my attention. I could tell be the way she sat with her back towards me, the way her hair kissed her shoulders and how her feet barely touched the ground.
" Oh h*ll no. Patrick, what are you doing? "
" Just listen to her! "
" I can't f*cking stand you. "
I got out of the car and Patrick and I walked side by side until we met gaze with her. She looked up at me with hopeful eyes.
" Carnell, " she whispered, wrapping her arms around my neck and reaching for my lips.
I pushed her away from me. " What do you want, Jorelys. "
" I want to tell you how sorry I am. And how much I miss you. "
She latched back on to my waist.
" Jorelys, " I undid her arms and put them by her side. " I'm not doing this with you. Ever. "
" You can't tell me that you don't love me anymore. "
" I'm sorry, Jorelys. But....... "
What better time to be honest?
" I'm not sure I ever really did love you. People say true love never ends, and to be honest with you, I've never found anyone as repulsive as I have you. That's not love. That's tolerance. "
Okay, maybe that was harsh. If you were Jorelys though, you'd want to know...right?
Her jaw dropped. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.
" You are beautiful, though. I have to give you that. And your body is amazing. I know you're smart; double majoring isn't easy. But I'm not sure that you're completely sane. "
She was in shock. She opened her mouth to speak, and closed it again. I tried to walk away, but Jorelys pulled me by my arm.
" Carnell. You can't honestly stand there and tell me that! "
" I've never been more honest in my life. "
She shook her head. " So what hoe has you sprung this time?! "
Anger pulsed through my veins. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves.
" You're sick. "
" And you're an a*shole. "
" Yeah. " I chuckled. " I know. "
" Tell me who it is, Carnell? It's Gabrielle isn't it? "
I sighed. " Yes, Jorelys. It's Gabrielle. She's amazing, and she's sane. "
" I'm not f*cking insane if that's what you're implying. I'm HURT, Carnell. Not crazy. Two years, and you're just now telling me you were never in love? "
" I thought I was. Really, I did. "
" I gave you all of me! "
I sighed. " I know you did. And I'm sorry for accepting it. I'm a huge piece of sh*t. I know. "
Ugh. Why did I actually feel sympathy for this psycho.
She sucked in a deep breath. Her eyes glazed over with tears. She hugged her torso, and her head hung low.
Oddly, my chest started burning with guilt. I sighed. What's done is done.
I hugged her tightly, and kissed her cheeks.
" I'm sorry. Really, Jorelys. I am. I know what it feels like; losing someone you cared for. "
She pushed me away from her.
" You used me, Carnell. I was obviously just a booty call. "
" Now, that, my friend, is a lie. I don't do booty calls. "
" Did you ever mess around with Gabrielle while we were together. "
" ......Define "mess around" and "together." "
She narrowed her eyes at me.
I sighed. " No, but yes. "
" No but yes? What kind of sh*t is that?! " she shook her head. " F*ck you, and your stupid hoe. We'll see who gets the last laugh Breeding. And I swear on everything I love, that it won't be you. "
She stomped away, and I stood there dumbfounded with a thoughtful expression on my face.
" Eh, " I shrugged, walking back to car.

" Dude. " he said sharply.
" Yes? "
" I don't get it. You're not happy, so I brought Jorelys here to make you happy. What is your problem? "
" I don't want her, Patrick. Don't you understand? I want Gabrielle. " I shook my head. " Lose Noelle for no reason whatsoever. Then come back and tell me you don't get it. " I hissed at him, then stormed out of his car angrily.
" Carnell. Get back in the car. "
" You're a sad excuse for a brother, you know that? "

I walked away from him and went deeper into the park. No one else was here. There were woods just behind the park that me and Gabi would get lost in when we were kids. I made my way down to our spot and sat on a large rock that sat right before a still lake.

" I know you're out there. Somewhere. " I said to absolutely no one. I picked up a few rocks and started skipping them across the water.
" And I hope you're okay. "
Skip. Skip. Skip. Clunk! Sink, to the bottom of the lake.
" And I hope you know how much I love you. And care about you. I hope I wasn't the one that drove you away. I hope that us getting together wasn't a mistake. I'd rather have you just as a friend then nothing at all. I hope you know how much heart I have for you, Gabrielle. I wish you'd come home..... "
I was starting to break down again. Tears dripped into my lap.

" I'm sorry, " I heard Patrick whisper from behind me. I wiped my cheeks. " I've been a real a*shole. I know. I just want to see you happy bro. You're the only brother I have, and it sucks to see you all depressed. I wanna see you happy again. "
I looked up at him thoughtfully. " You really wanna see me happy ? "
" Duh, "
" Then help me find her. "

Jorelys ~
I was broken. Completely f*cking shattered. Repulsive? Insane? I'll show him insane. Frustration pulsed through me. It's amazing how one person can screw up a whole relationship. Home wrecker. How much time had they spent together while I was away?
I hate her. I want her gone, so that maybe Carnell can come to his senses. What does she have that I don't have?
I pounded my fist on the car horn out of anger.
Him. She has him.
I stomped upstairs to Carnell's apartment and jammed the key in the door. If I'm leaving, its not without a fight. This time I wasn't gonna start messing things up, and ruining everything he owned. Not this time. I simply planned to chill at his place until he got home; so that maybe I could have another shot at changing his mind. No. That's not what happened.
I walked around the house. It was spotless. Gabrielle must have been here recently. Carnell could never be this clean in his life. I looked in the shower. Axe everything, along with a bottle of Pomegranate Suave body wash, and a pink fluffy pouf that hung from the shower rack.
Chills ran through my body. So its true. Him and Gabrielle were........active. Where was she now?
I had no clue where else she could be except...
Trent.
What the f*ck. This made no sense. How could Carnell tear apart a happy couple like theirs? Selfish bastard. Trent and Gabrielle had to make the most amazing couple, and Carnell just had to mess it up.
A light bulb went off in my head and a smile pulled at my lips.

I ended up at Trent's house, hoping that maybe by some chance—any chance— that she'd be there.

Wrong.

A shirtless Trent opened the door.

" Jorelys, " he breathed. " Hey? What are you doing here? "
" I was uh... looking for Gabrielle. Is she here by any chance? "
He cringed. " No. She's not. " he tried to close the door.
" Wait! Can I come in? "
He breathed deeply. " Sure. Come right in. "
" So where is Gabi? I was looking to uh..catch up with her. "
" She left me. "
So, he wasn't lying. Gabrielle really did switch up for Carnell.
" Oh. I'm sorry....if it makes you feel any better, Carnell and I are over too. "
His eyes sparkled. " Actually, that does make me feel better. "
Blood flooded to my cheeks; he leaned in kiss me with full lips and lots of tongue.

Before I knew it, we were in the bedroom ripping off clothes and gripping sheets. I was completely naked before being here at least half an hour, and this is not what I came for, but G*d, it felt good.
For a moment, I forgot all about Carnell, and gave every inch of my body to Trent.

Wait. What the h*ll just happened?

Patrick ~
I sipped on an apple juice as Carnell and I waited for our food to come.
We'd been out all day long looking for Gabrielle. Malls, her favorite stores, her friend's house, and she was nowhere. It made Carnell pretty upset, and he hadn't said a word since we got to the restaurant besides " I'm not hungry" after tossing the menu away from him.
"We'll find her. She couldn't have gotten that far. "
He shook his head. " No. You're right. She.... " he cringed. " She just didn't want to be here. "

Gabrielle ~
" I said YOOOO! I don't know your name but excuse me miss? I saw you from across the room. I'd love to keep you here with me, oh baby! "
Christian obnoxiously sang to me, sitting at the bottom of my bed.
I sighed. " Why are you in here? "
" My room is a mess. "
" Um, hello? Clean it. "
" Now why would I do such a thing? "
I rolled my eyes.
" You're such a pig. "
" Thank you, beautiful. "
I chuckled, and gave a cheeky smile. The last week has been definitely one of the hardest in my entire life, but I don't think I would've lasted as easily if Christian wasn't here. I couldn't stand him, but he brought so much joy to my life!
At the same time, he was one of the most irritating beings I've ever encountered. It always puzzled me how he kept so many steady relationships.

He got most of his features from his father, to be honest. The only this he got from Mommy Dearest was his complexion. I was the opposite. I got almost everything from my mother except for my complexion.
" So, darling brother of mine. "
He raised his eyebrow. " What do you want? "
" You have a girlfriend? "
He smiled. " No. I'm uh..keeping my options open. "
I rolled my eyes. " Whatever dude, I'm getting in the shower. "
" Ew. I'm leaving. "
" You do that. "

I got out of the shower and slipped on some of Carnell's shorts that I stole and one of his big white tee-shirts.

I turned my phone on. Usually, it buzzed to life with dozens of various types of messages. Today? Nothing.