Ten;

Gabrielle ~

Almost two months had past since I seen him, or anyone around that part for that matter. You could almost tell I'm pregnant now, if my shirt was tight enough.
I nibbled on a fried egg my mothers chef, G made me.
" You look terrible, " my mother said, clicking her heels as she walked in the kitchen.
" Thanks, Mommy. " I said, sarcastically.
" Why are you so pale. Are you eating lately ? "
I looked at her, then down to my half empty plate, then back to her again.
"No, Mother. I'm starving myself. "
I rolled my eyes and continued to stab my eggs with the fork.
She sighed.
" But, really. Are you feeling okay? You should spend some time in the sun. "
I pushed my plate away, annoyed. " Thanks G. " I said to the chef. He smiled at me, and I left the kitchen without saying a word to Mother.
I got out of the shower and snuggled into fluffy pajamas and an undershirt (the kind of shirt that shows the baby). I skipped to the in-home theatre room, and put in The Lion King. The theatre lights dimmed, the opening music played, and bright colors flooded the wall sized screen.
I put corn in the popcorn maker. Then skipped back upstairs for a drink.
I met Christian in the hallway.
" You look comfortable. "
" I am, " I said, pushing past him.
Grabbing the bottle of fruit punch and a wine glass, I made my way back to the movie that had already started.
This room was one of my favorites in the whole house when I was younger. I slept in the plush, thick, amazing recliners more than my own bed. Mother would yell when she found me down here instead of my pretty pink princess (at the time) bedroom. I didn't care. She taught me how to use the DVD player, so I did.

Carnell ~
" Do you remember when you told me that I'd never be good enough for anyone? That I wasn't worth your time, your energy. And why did I listen then? Why didn't I stand up for myself? You made me believe that I was on the road to nowhere, to nowhere. Oh, I was listening for way to long. Should've known I'm may to strong, to let you just lead me on. And oh! I was traveling on that road to long, just trying to find my way back home. The old me is dead and gone. I've been thinking about all that we've been through, all the places that you and me went to. Thinking back on stupid little memories. Thinking about the times that my heart felt empty. Wait. That was all the time cause we just weren't fine; we'd fake it. A true friend stabs you in the front, so tell me why my back is aching? You can't say it. You just choke. H-h-hangman, there's your rope. Burn every bridge, but you still see the smoke. Try to get across, but you sank every boat. You can smoke every day of your life, but when I'm on the mic, I'll be more dope and ohh! "
I sang obnoxiously to Travis Garland in my car while turning into Patrick's driveway.
" Yo! " I yelled, pushing through the front door.
Xavier heard me and jumped into my arms.
" Uncle Carnell! " he giggled.
" Hey, kiddo. "
" Why are you so ugly? " he laughed hysterically. I threw him on the couch.

" Thanks for doing this man, " Patrick said, walking out from his bedroom in a suit.
" Yeah, yeah. "
Noelle followed right behind him in an extremely short tight dress.
" Can you breath ? " I laughed as she swayed past me.
Before crossing me, she slapped my head.
" That was rude. "
She kissed Xavier before walking out the door, hand in hand with Patrick.
" Noelle! " I called as she reached the car. She turned to me. " You dropped your ovaries! "
She flashed a smile and gave me the finger as she skidded down the street with Patrick.
I laughed then sighed, closing the door behind me and laying across the couch.
Before I knew it, Xavier was jumping up and down on me and biting me.
" What do you want?! "
" Let's go to the park. "
" No. Let's not! "
" If you don't take me, I'm telling mommy. "
" I'll tell her myself, you freaking ankle biter. "
He bit me in the back. I narrowed my eyes at him. " Xavier, bite me again and see what happens. "
He bit my side, and I stood up, and held him by his ankles in one motion. " Put me down! " he giggled loudly.
I smiled. " Are you gonna stop? "
" No. "
" Then I won't put you down. "
" Okay! I'll stop! Put me dowwwwwnnn " he whined.
I flipped him right side up and sat him on the couch.
" You're annoying. Feed me. "
" How old are you, kid? "
" 5. " he smiled.
I rolled my eyes. " What do you want to eat? "
" Pancakes. "
" I'm not making you pancakes. "
" Fried dough. "
" You're not getting any sugar. "
" Chicken and fries. "
" I can do that."

I fed him and he was out of it an hour later. Thank God.
Around 12, Patrick and Noelle came back. Noelle looked furious, and Patrick looked irritated.
" What's wrong with you? " I asked Noelle as she stomped past me.
She rolled her eyes and continued walking.
" And you? " I asked facing Patrick.
" Not now. Where's Xavier? "
" In your bed. He refused to sleep in his. "
He rolled his eyes, and undid his tie, pulling a wine glass out of the cabinet in one motion.
" Want some? " he said, holding up a bottle of wine.
" No thanks. I don't drink. "
" Good. Don't start. " he shook his head and knocked back a glass.
" You gonna tell me what's wrong? "
" She has attitude problems. "
" Attitude problems? " she yelled from the back, coming our way. D*mn.
" Did you just say I have f*cking attitude problems? You're crazy! Stay away from me. " she stomped out of the kitchen, mumbling things in Spanish.
" See? " he chuckled. " Women. Any luck with Gabs ? "
" Nope. None. "
" Ahh, " he sat on the aisle. " You'll be okay. I'll be okay. She'll be okay. Everyone will be okay. "
" I hope so. "