My String of Lies

"Let's commit the perfect crime, I'll steal your heart and you'll steal mine."

-Sophie-

I pushed Harry back slightly. He was still close enough for me to lean my forehead against his, so I did.

"Harry," I whispered. "We.. we can't."

He looked at me with his beautiful green eyes. They were filled with small tears. "Why not?"

"Oh Harry," I began. "We just can't don't you know that. You made it perfectly clear in the past that we are two different people. We are nothing alike. Don't you understand that? You made it perfectly clear to me once, so I guess it's my turn to fill you in. We live in two virtually different worlds. You live in the perfect, desired world. The world of beautiful people and beautiful thoughts. Me? I live in the world of ugliness and despair. No golden ticket to life. I'm stuck where the trees are barren and my source of sun... it's your face. But me? I'm a cloud in your world. Do you understand now?"

He looked at me and a single tear flowed down his beautiful face. "No, Sophie, I don't understand. Why is it wrong for me to love you. Love is a thing shared between two people. Not the whole world. There's nothing wrong with me loving you. Forget what I said in the past, what I've done. I know it's hard, but I was a fool. I was scared. I was scared of what might happen. I was certain you hated me. How could I just go up to you after all this time and open my arms and say, "I love you and miss you. Oh and sorry for everything in the past. Sorry for not being there when you needed me most." How could I do that to you?"

He pulled me in for a tight hug where he stood there with the tears falling down his face and onto the top of my head.

I was crying too, the tears were staining his black tux, but neither of us really cared. I thought I heard the door open, but it hadn't. I turned my eyes up to Harry and we stared into each other's eyes for the longest time. When very quietly, almost too quietly for me to hear, he said,

"Sophie, I love you."

My jaw gaped open under his confession.

"I love you too Harry."

"Not as much as I love you." He joked.

"You wanna bet?" I told him raising my eyebrows jokingly.

"Sure." He said. But before I could say another word his lips crashed into mine. It was like the ocean. I was the waves and he was the moon. One could not exist without the other. In no context, would we be able to move without our perfect orbit called love... We he ended the kiss he rubbed his thumb across my cheek and wiped away the tears.

"Shh... don't cry. It's going to be all right. Prom's over and we can live our life together now. We can show our true feelings. No more hiding. I will do anything for you. Anything. And if that means dealing with Sarah, then so be it." He took my hand and kissed it. "I love you."

_________________________________________________________

Please tell me what you think. It would be greatly appreciated.xx