Tell me you love me

Start from the beginning

"Quit being so dramatic and tell me what to do. I just got the job and I'm treading on eggshells here. If I reject a dress that probably costs more than my apartment, won't it be weird?" I ask bewildered about what to do.

"Well, you can fake sickness and not go..." She responds not taking her  eyes off the piece of clothing.

Yup, Keesha was in love.

With her being a fashion columnist, I'm not surprised she's so fascinated with a particular brand.

I groan and plop face down into my pillow.

"What's that?" She asks and I raise my head to see whatever it is she's talking about.

I notice that she was staring at the gash on my finger that I got when I was trying to pick up the broken frame's glasses.

"Oh that. It's nothing. I was just a bit careless in the kitchen" I say waving it off.

She stares at me suspiciously for a few seconds before relenting. I don't know why I didn't tell her what happened. A little part of me knew that it was because I didn't want her to have anything against Mr Stone. Why? I don't know. It's not like I'm a teenage girl trying to get my friend to approve of my boyfriend.

'You're an idiot' my snobby subconscious says.

I mentally search for an off button for her annoying voice.

'You can't get rid of me' she adds smugly.

And now I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy. Who in her right mind talks to a voice in her head?

"That's it! This wound is the perfect excuse" Keesha exclaims.

"K, I'm supposed to wear the dress on my body not on my finger" I respond.

"Not that you goof. You'll tell him that you can't attend the gala because you had a little kitchen accident, lost a lot of blood and the doctor prescribed rest for you. You don't need to thank me, you're welcome" she says beaming proudly.

I raise one eyebrow and get ready to point out all the loop holes in her plan when she beat me to it.

"Yeah....that's a horrible idea" she admits deflating.

"The last time I checked, the scar on your back was fading. Let me take a look" she requests and I look at her warily before taking off my pajama top and turning my back to her.

"So....." I prod.

"It's almost unnoticeable now. If I wasn't aware of it before, I wouldn't even know" she comments.

I know that the thing was fading but I'm very insecure about it.

"Yeah but...." I sigh putting my top back on.

"No buts, you're going to that gala. It's about time you get over all these insecurities. Jack was a jerk. Hey that almost rhymed. But jokes apart, he's a moron for everything he said, don't let him win by letting his words affect you" she says and I nod solemnly.
I know she's right but insecurities don't just die overnight.

We spend the rest of the night catching up before we fall asleep. Very ungracefully might I add, with her sprawled on her stomach snoring and me sleeping the other way around with my legs on the headrest.

**********************

On getting to work today, I find that Mr Stone isn't around. Not that I was worried about him. Definitely not.

I find it hard to type the emails i didn't send yesterday because of my wounded right index finger and because I couldn't concentrate. I squeak in pain as I accidentally pressed my wounded finger too hard on the keyboard.

"Is everything alright Miss Griffin?" I immediately look up when I hear Mr Stone's voice.

"Uhmm....yes, everything's perfect" I answer trying to analyze his expression.

Why was he acting like he didn't ask his own assistant to declare her love yesterday?

Not that I was expecting a thank you; that would be awkward. But.....
I then remember that he was probably drunk yesterday and he might not recall a thing.

That's good then.

"The company car will be picking you up by eight '0' clock in the evening. We'll meet at the venue for the gala" he says making a move to walk into his office.

'Well good morning to you too sir' I mutter sarcastically under my breath.

He turns back to say something but something else catches his attention and when I look down following his view, I notice he was staring at my now bleeding finger.

Nice.

"You're bleeding, what happened?" he questions.

A little kitchen accident, nothing much" I repeat my reply to Keesha.

"Come with me" he orders.

I start to shake my head but he has already turned to walk into his office. Nothing good ever comes out of that office. I sigh and stand up to follow him.

What's the worse that can happen?

*************************

*wiggles eyebrows*looks like something is about to go down ;)

Not really a cliffhanger but that's because I'm trying to dull the edge of the huge one I'll give you in the next chapter😈😈

Please support me as an author by voting, commenting and pretty please, share, share and share some more!!!

P.S: I'll PROBABLY be updating tomorrow too.😘

Thank you all so much! I love you to bits. Stay awesome😎

                 Much love, Yvonne✌