#WesRuinsEverything

The sun is already on it's way down. In a few hours it will be dark. The rustling of leaves can be heard as the cold wind rushes through the trees. In front of the cornucopia, the soft cracking of burning wood can be heard. The cornucopia is offering some nice shelter from the wind. Noah, Olivia, Courtney and Shayne are huddled around the fire, while eating the rabbit that Ian caught. The cracking of wood and rustling of leaves create a slight tension. They can't get the thought of Ian out of their minds.
Out of nowhere Noah blurs out, ''Why would he do such a thing?''
The rest of the group look surprised at Noah because of this sudden outburst.
''He didn't trust us,'' Courtney says.
''But why Ian? He did nothing wrong!'' Noah speaks annoyed.
''Lasercorn needs to go,'' Shayne says determined. ''I'm going to look for him.''
''I'm going with you,'' Noah says immediately. ''But I do need a new weapon since Lasercorn still has my backpack.''
''I want to join you guys, but where do we even start?'' Courtney asks.
''He ran towards the right side of that cliff,'' Noah tells. ''Let's just scan that area first.''
They all agree.
''Olivia, are you coming with us?'' Shayne asks.
''I'm going to stay at the cornucopia,'' Olivia tells. ''I don't feel like wandering out in the woods again. I'll take care of our camp.''
Shayne looks at Courtney and Noah. They both shrug. ''Okay,'' Shayne says. ''You can get a weapon out of the cornucopia if you want to.''
Shayne grabs his axe.
Noah walks to the cornucopia to search for a new weapon. There's some smaller hunting knives lying around. He sees a bow still lying perfectly on a crate. ''Courtney, you're good with a bow, right?'' Noah asks.
''It's been a while, but I'm decent,'' Courtney answers.
''Want to trade the bow for your blade?'' Noah asks.
''Yeah, sure,'' Courtney tells. She grabs her blade and hands it off to Noah.
Noah gives Courtney the bow and a small bag of arrows.
Courtney puts the strap of the bag around her shoulder. She draws the bow a couple times to get used to it.
They all say goodbye to Olivia.
''Be safe,'' Olivia yells as her friends walk off into the woods.
The forest seems especially scary on this evening. The tall trees are looming over the three tributes as they stroll through the forest. After walking for a while it starts to get dark. Through the trees they can see the soft orange light of the sun. As they look to their left, in the distance, they see a steep hill leading up to the top of the cliff.
''No sign of Lasercorn so far,'' Shayne says disappointed.
''Let's get back,'' Courtney says. It's going to be dark soon.
Just as they decide to turn around they hear footsteps in the distance. It's clearly coming from the right. Noah leaps behind a tree. Shayne and Courtney squat down next to a bush. The footsteps are getting closer. Noah holds his breath hoping for the person to run by. To his amazement he sees Keith running past them.
''Keith!'' Noah yells happily as he steps into the faint orange evening light. Courtney and Shayne stand up too.
Keith slows down his pace and turns around. He looks at his three friends. There's a clear sense of doubt in his face as he looks at them.
''Keith, we won't fight you,'' Noah assures him.
Keith shakes his head. ''I'm sorry,'' he speaks softly before turning around and sprinting towards the direction of the cliff.
''Keith wait!'' Courtney yells as she watches her friend disappear between the many trees and bushes.
''Why would he run away?'' Noah asks confused.
Courtney shrugs.
''I don't know,'' Shayne answers. ''But we need to get back to the cornucopia.''
''But Keith is our friend. Shouldn't we try to follow him,'' Noah asks.
''Olivia is our friend too and she is probably waiting for us. We can look for Keith tomorrow,'' Shayne answers wisely.

Wes is hiking through the woods. The harsh wind cancels out all the other sounds. He puts up his hood. As he walks over a small hill he can, in the distance, see the open field with the cornucopia. Wes takes a quick sprint to the side of the open field. The big bushes create some nice cover. Through the bushes he can already see a fire just before the cornucopia. Wes lays down. With his blade he pushes branches out of his way as he crawls into the bushes. The shadow of the trees around him make Wes lie in the dark, completely out of sight. He carefully looks through the bushes. There's a small fire in the middle of the field. The smoke only reaches a couple feet high before it gets blown away by the wind. Around the fire are four tributes; Shayne, Courtney, Olivia and Noah. They are eating something while talking to each other. Then Courtney, Shayne and Noah stand up. Noah walks into the cornucopia. Courtney grabs a blade about half the size of the one that he's got. Shayne grabs something that appears to be a lumberjack axe. Noah comes out of the cornucopia with a bow. He trades the bow for Courtney's blade. All three of them hug Olivia before running off into the woods. What are they going to do, Wes wonders. Olivia remains at the cornucopia, sitting on some crates and warming her hands by the fire.
Wes crawls a little backwards. He lays down his blade beside him and covers it with some leaves. He takes his backpack off and zips it open. He takes out the small metal flask. The ground is covered with leaves. He wipes the leaves away until there is a small spot of dirt. Wes opens the flask and pours a little bit of water on the dirt. With a little twig he mixes the dirt with the water so that he creates a little pool of mud. With his fingers he smears a couple wipes of mud on his face and outfit. As he puts the flask back in the backpack, he takes out a little hunting knife that was tucked in the side of the backpack. He puts the backpack down on the place where his blade is hid. The thin black hunting knife can quite easily be shoved into his sleeve.
Wes takes a quick glance through the bushes. Good, Olivia is still in the same place, he thinks. He crawls through the bushes, stands up and starts jogging towards Olivia.
''Olivia!'' Wes says enthusiastically as he approaches her.
Olivia turns around in shock. She looks at Wes who is covered in sweat and dirt. She quickly grabs a crate and holds it as a weapon in front of her.
Wes stops moving and puts his hands up in the air. ''It's okay Olivia, I don't have any weapons.''
Olivia slightly lowers the case.
''What are you doing here all alone and without any weapons?'' Wes asks.
''I could ask you the same thing,'' Olivia snaps back.
''I'm a lone survivor, just like you,'' Wes tells.
''I'm not alone, I'm in an alliance. Why are you here?'' Olivia asks distrustful.
''Olivia, you don't have to be afraid. We're in the same boat. I have only been trying to survive, just like you.'' Wes tells.
''Can I trust you?'' Olivia asks.
''Yes,'' Wes answers convincingly.
Olivia sits back down by the fire.
Wes slowly approaches her and sits down on the other end of the fire. He carefully warms his hands by the fire. ''So, you're in an alliance?'' Wes asks.
''Yes,'' Olivia answers. ''With 3 other people. It used to be more though.
''What happened?'' Wes asks curiously.
Olivia sighs. ''The games happened. I really don't want to talk about it.''
''That's fair,'' Wes says. ''But where is your alliance now?''
''They went somewhere towards that cliff looking for,'' Olivia makes a slight pause, ''food.''
''And you didn't join them?'' Wes asks while taking a quick glance around to see if they are still alone.
''I don't have a weapon and even if I did, I have no idea how to use it.'' Olivia tells honestly.
''Well, do you want me to teach you,'' Wes asks enthusiastically.
Olivia smiles. ''Uh,  yeah okay. There's some weapons left in the cornucopia we can use.'' Olivia stands up and walks to the cornucopia.
Wes quickly follows her while taking the little knife out of his sleeve. He passes the fire and walks right behind Olivia. Without a warning he stabs her in the back. Olivia falls to the ground and leaves Wes standing with the bloody hunting knife in his hands. There's the loud sound of a cannon. Wes takes a quick look to see if he's been spotted before bolting off into the woods.

Noah looks behind him. The bottom half of the sun has already disappeared behind the hills. As he looks in front of him he can see Courtney and Shayne walking with their hoods on. Even though the wind has lain down, the temperature is still extremely cold. Noah keeps moving his fingers in an attempt to keep them warm.
The sound of a cannon breaks the silence.
Courtney and Shayne look at each other in shock. They look back at Noah.
''Olivia,'' Noah whispers with his eyes wide open.
They all start sprinting towards the cornucopia. Twigs and branches blocking their way as they hurry through the forest. Courtney trips over a small branch sticking out of the ground. Noah quickly helps her back to her feet. In the foggy distance they can see an area without trees. That must be it, they think. They can hear a loud buzz as they approach the edge of the open field around the cornucopia. As they sprint out into the open they get blinded by sand and twigs blowing in all directions. Through squinting eyes they can see a hovercraft flying up into the sky. The hovercraft is, through a big metal cable, carrying a crane holding Olivia's body. They all look into the sky as the hovercraft flies away. The wind settles down again.
Courtney has tears in her eyes. She can't stand this sight.
Noah falls to his knees.
Shayne carefully puts his hand on Courtney's shoulder. Courtney immediately turns around and wraps her arms around him.