seventy-three // sandwiches

"which is better, grilled cheese or turkey sandwiches?" ashton asks as we walk into his house.

"ash, do you think i'm a good person?" i jump on the counter when we enter the kitchen.

he looks at me as if i'm crazy before replying, "of course you are. grilled cheese or turkey?"

"i'm being serious," i tell him.

he frowns, "what makes you think you aren't?"

"i talked to niall today," ashton cringes at the sound of his voice, "and he basically told me that i wasn't good enough for him."

"why would you even listen to anything he says? he's a jerk and a waste of your time." ashton says. he opens the fridge and sticks his head inside, "and it looks like we're not having grilled cheese because we're out of cheese... oh, and turkey."

"i'm still in love with him, ashton," i admit.

he pulls out the bread and strawberry jam before giving me a sad smile, "i know, and it's okay because soon you're going to somewhat get over it and realize that he's the one not good enough for you."

i smile at him, "thanks."

"now it looks like we're stuck with strawberry jam and nutella," he pulls the nutella out of the cabinet, "take your pick,"

"i want a strawberry and nutella sandwich," i tell him. he scrunches up his face in disgust, "don't give me that look! it tastes amazing! and next time, i'm going grocery shopping because you and michael are terrible at it."

"that seems fair," ashton says. he pauses, "wait, elle, i want to give you something."

"sure," i tell him.

he digs his hand in his pocket before dangling a key in front of my face. i gasp, "michael and i wanted to give you a key to the house."

i smile and literally attack him with a hug. now it's official, i'm living with the two of them.