forty-four // messy

ashton groggily makes his way to the kitchen with glasses on. his brown hair scatters across his head, sticking out in various directions. i cover my mouth with my hand and laugh.

"morning, ash," i wave.

he yawns and runs his hand through his messy hair, "morning,"

"did you sleep well?"

he opens the fridge and bends over to look inside, "the little forty minutes i had were quite nice,"

"probably because of that long sleeved shirt," i say, noticing the long sleeves under his tee shirt, "i was literal burning up last night with only a shirt on."

ashton shrugs and pulls out a carton of orange juice, "yeah, well, maybe our bodies work differently... want orange juice?"

"sure," i say, hopping up onto the counter. i quickly jump down, "oh, sorry, i kind of just have a habit of doing that."

ashton laughs and pulls out two glasses, "i don't really care."

i smile and pull myself back onto the counter as ashton hands me my glass, "so, what are you planning on doing today?"

"uh, well, usually my saturdays consist of being lazy and sitting around the house watching tv but um, we could go somewhere if you'd like to..." he stammers. it's pretty adorable how nervous he can get around me.

"maybe we should check out that doughnut shop you were drooling over," i suggest.

he gulps down his orange juice in a seccond. after swallowing he pours more and says, "sure, but um, there really isn't anything you can wear. your stuff is still kind of with the other guy."

i nervously bite my lip, "oh, yeah.."