forty-three // mornings

the sun shines in my eyes, waking me up. my body feels as if it received no sleep at all. a groan comes from my mouth. saturday mornings are supposed to be more relaxing than this. niall and i would be watching reruns right now.

i pull myself up from my bed and zombie walk to the bathroom. turning the faucet on, i cup my hands under the water and throw the cool water on my burning face. better. yet, i still feel like jumping off a bridge.

looking at myself in the mirror, i sigh. ashton's tee shirt and pajama bottoms awkwardly hang off of me. the never-fading-bruise on my jaw isn't helping my look either. my brown eyes look sad and my blue curls crazily surround my head like baby snakes.

the door closes behind me as i make my way out the room. entering into the living room, i see ashton's body sprawled out on the couch with a blanket wrapped around him. i laugh.

"morning, el," michael's voice startles me. he laughs at my reaction, "sorry. are you okay?"

"yes," i reply, "i'm guessing ashton told you about yesterday."

"he did. i'm sorry about that, by the way. that guy is probably missing out." michael states causing a smile to grow on my face.

"thanks," i say.

"well, get comfortable. the kitchen is free to use, i'm heading out."

"okay, bye," i say before he closes the front door behind him. ashton slightly stirs under the sheets before his body lay dormant, snuggling his face in his blanket.

--

A/N: just a little note that the chapters are intended to be short. this account is sort of like books that help me through writer's block and whenever i get bored or whatever but i am rlly serious and excited about this book. so, yeah. :3 thanks to everyone who has read. ily.