Dusk Road

It was dusk as Data drove the RV while Werlan napped in the passenger's seat. The road was barren and the darkness crept into his eyes and his mind. The skies above them slowly became darkened from clouds above them with lightning and the sound of rain thundered in the distance. "Urgh, fuck..." said Data as he shook Werlan with one hand. "Werlan, wake up. We got a storm coming and I'm tired. I need you to take over."

"Urgh... Argh... Fuck..." said Werlan as he slowly woke up, stretching out from the nap. "Fuck, I was dreaming a nice dream and then..."

"Yeah well, we gotta get out of here and..." said Data as he tried to shake himself awake. A large noise came from under them, the wheels turned and spun leading to the RV swerving into a roadside ditch. "Argh, fuck," said Data as the air bag exploded in his face. He grabbed a switchblade knife from his pocket and cut away the bag, Werlan already cutting his away.

"Fuck, my house," said Data as he got out and looked at the vehicle. Two of the tires were blown out in front and the front end was damaged.

"Argh, fuck!" Exclaimed Data as he kicked one of the damaged wheels.

"Well, they would've been looking for it anyways," said Werlan as he adjusted his bag on his back.

"Dude, a few things," said Data as he looked at Werlan, trying not to stab him. "One, this was my HOUSE! I live in here. Now it's fucking wrecked because of a few tires exploded. Two, it's our only form of transportation to get out of here with other than walking and we won't be able to carry half of the needed shit all the way. Three, there's no tow truck in miles of here and we're in a place that has no cell reception."

"No, but they have land lines," said Werlan as he pointed out a telephone pole and a house on a hill not too far away from them.

"...Fuck... alright, let's just go and see if they have a phone we can use," said Data as he started walking. The two hurried for the house as the storm came in. "Fuck," said Werlan as he pulled up the hood of his jacket. The house was a large country style building with a series of boarded up windows and broken doors.

"I just hope that they have some way to call for help," said Data as he got up to the front door, Werlan close behind. Werlan paused before the stairs and quickly ducked into the bushes. He pulled out his pistol as Data knocked on the door. "Hello, anyone in there?" Asked Data as he knocked on the door. The floor underneath his fell open, causing him to fall into a dark pit below. "Shit, trap door," said Werlan as he saw the event from behind the bushes. The trap reset itself and Werlan turned the corner to face the door.

He aimed his pistol and fired a single bullet, ripping the door off it's hinges with the force of it alone. He ran and dove over the trap door, landing in the building. Inside was covered in a series of worn out couches and chairs with a fire place and radio nearby. The fire was still going with a series of broken logs next to it.

Werlan held his pistol close as he looked around, backing slowly away from one dark hallway towards a light switch. He bumped into something and knocked it over, causing him to trip slightly. "Shit," said Werlan as he turned on the light. The object on the floor was a stuffed Anthro mounted to a metal base plate with a metal pole holding it up and in place.

"Well that's disturbing," said Werlan as he picked up the Anthro. "Poor guy. I promise I'll fix this." He kept his pistol drawn as he headed into the kitchen, past a few more stuffed Anthros.

"Alright, where to find Data... or how to... There has to be a basement or something," said Werlan as he opened up a series of doors. He found one that lead into a concrete basement below. Underneath he could see a number of different corridors and halls. "Fuck, a maze... Think, think," said Werlan as he rummaged through the draws in the kitchen for inspiration.. "Wait, I got it... I hope."