Captain Lenos along with his guards is swept away in the swirling tornado.

The Beast turns his full attention on Nova. Fear coats her tongue as she locks eyes with him.

The Beast laughs "You thought killing him would kill me didn't you? You were right except the fact that your dear Alex is not dead." He grabs her by the neck and lifts her off the ground as if she weighed nothing.

"I-I saw h-him die in f-front of me. D-Don't lie" Nova manages to choke out the words.

"You forget I control his body my dear. I can heal him just as quickly I can kill him," Barks the Beast. His bloodshot eyes were glaring at Nova, daring her to fight.

She wriggles , trying to get out of his strong grip. Nova swings her legs in an arc, connecting with his stomach. It took him by surprise and he loosens his hold on her neck.

That's all I needed.

"You witch!" He spat.

She clasps her hands together and jabbs her elbow at his jaw. His grip on her still didn't loosen.

She removes her photon blaster hidden in her pocket and fires at him.

He is momentarily blinded and the additional thousand volts of shock only added to his misery. Her shock proof clothing prevents her from having the same fate as him.

His grip on her finally loosens and she hastily jumps away from him.

"Ungrateful wench," he snarls.

She was panting for breath. But she knew what to do.

Take long deep breaths Alina used to say.

She had forced Nova into a box filled with water for endurance training. After she had broken out of it she told her" Be calm. Take deep breaths Nova!"

Be calm my ass!

All she wanted to do was claw at her face and shove her in that box but Nova did as told. She was her mentor. Each lesson was important.

Nova removes the twin blades hidden in the folds of her dress. They were just the hilts though.

She pushes a button and the blades sprung up glowing with an otherworldly blue light.

She chops off the lower part of her dress. It hung loosely around her hips like a lose t-shirt.

Nova finally becomes invisible.

"YOU pathetic little witch! Show yourself," roars the Beast.

She tiptoes her way towards him and slashes him with her blades. As if sensing her attack he blocks it with his own sword that was tucked at his side until then.

"I can still sense and hear you little one. Oh the game of cat and mouse begins," says the Beast rubbing his hands together.

The Beast conjures up a ball of energy and aims it right at her. Nova dodges, barely avoiding it at the nick of time and saves her arm from getting burnt.