Chapter 11: "hey cutie ;)"

HARPER'S POV

After what happened yesterday, I started to become scared. What if I'm next? The intruder or killer would go to my house and kill me or my Aunts. What if I'll be held hostage this time? Maybe I should be careful about it. I don't know what's coming towards me but I'm ready to deal with what's coming in front of me.

"Here you go, H. Your favorite!" My aunt Carol said as she placed the plate filled of pesto pasta on the table.

"Thank you, aunt Carol," I smiled and she wiped away the sweat on her forehead.

"No problem, pretty. I got you," she said and winked.

"Your aunt Eve isn't gonna join us for dinner, she's going on a blind date," Aunt Carol whispered, afraid that Aunt Eve might hear.

"Didn't she went on a blind date the other day?" I asked as we ate.

"Yeah, but that didn't work," Aunt Carol said and swallowed the food before speaking. "Turns out the blind date was a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of her ex husband's best friend."

"Wow, that's a lot of friendship going on," I chuckled.

"Speaking of!" She said after drinking from her tall glass of water. "How are your friends? They haven't visited in a while."

"Yeah there's a lot going on in their personal lives so they don't have a big amount of time to hangout anymore. But we still hangout during school hours.. I mean, vacant."

"Oh yeah..." she said and thought for a moment then slammed her palm on the table making me hold onto my plate.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"Doesn't your friend Quinn have a hot dad?" she asked and pointed at me, "Do you think you could give me his number?"

"Carol! Oh my goodness," I shook my head.

"What? I need a man too," she said and continued eating.

"Yes but Rob has a family even if he's doesn't have a wife anymore."

"Oh come on, I'm sure Quinn needs a mother in her life. And that would be me!"

After eating, I cleaned the table as Aunt Carol washed the dishes. She then went to the living room to watch the favorite sitcom that's showing every nine o' clock of the evening.

I went up the stairs and checked my emails. I've been applying for colleges already, I haven't told my friends but I've mentioned it a couple of times.

My phone buzzed and I saw that it was a message from Hunter.

Hunter: hey cutie ;)
Me: i cringed.
Hunter: just kidding. I know you don't like that. Or do you? Hmmm.
Me: i don't. Hahahaha! What's up?
Hunter: i've been going through the papers from the office and I found something interesting.
Me: what is it?
Hunter: i'll tell you tomorrow, it's better if I say it in person.
Me: oh come on, Hunter! I'm waiting.
Hunter: i love you, but it's really important to be said in person. I'll show you what it is too.
Me: fine.

Even if Hunter's my boyfriend, he's still annoying. I actually wasn't good friends with Hunter before. He was my rival in the position of chief editor in the school paper.

It was the first day of junior year when I saw this new student looking for his classes. We were talking by the locker area when the new student walked towards us.

"Excuse me, but I'm new here. Can any of you help me?" He asked. "I'm Hunter by the way."

We all looked at Seige who was playing with the football she was holding. She raised her eyebrows and nodded. She's usually the one who talks to new students since she's familiar with the classes and close with the guidance councilor.