Chapter 7: "The house.."

QUINN'S POV

I was waken up with a strong shake on my shoulder. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. Obviously it's my brother, we share a room since there's only two bedrooms here in our house. One for our dad and one for me and my brother to share. I groaned as he continued shaking me.

"What the hell, Evan?" I said and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before I pushed his arm away from me.

"Get up. Dad's waiting for you, he has something to ask," he said as he walked around with his shirt off yet again.

"Can you please wear a damn shirt?" I groaned as I stood up and walked outside the room. There I saw my dad drinking his coffee whilst reading the news paper.

"Morning, dad," I greeted and took a glass of water.

"Good morning, sweetheart. I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" I asked and sat down in front of him, taking his cup of coffee and drinking some.

"You know the annual ball that the rich family do?" My dad asked.

"Oh yeah," I rolled my eyes. "Why what happened? Did someone lose their thirty-five karat earring or something?" I chuckled.

"No," dad said and showed me the town's newspaper for today. "This happened last night."

Pesticide on the sides? The Annual Hudson Ball served food that poisoned some guests causing a huge effect on the Hudson's business.

"Oh wow? Pesticides? They went that far?" I laughed.

"Sweetheart, this isn't a joke. Some people died because of the incident.. You have a friend that's a Hudson right?"

"Yeah I do, but Autumn isn't related to them. I'm not even sure if she has a family, or a house."

"Well, it would be a sad thing if she's included in that family. Their business is going downhill if they don't work this out."

"That's not our problem, dad. Don't worry.. For now," I said and stood up to check the mail. "We need to solve these," I said and raised the envelopes. "Bills to pay, dad. We need to pay for the rent and electricity."

"I know, I know," dad sighed and took his jacket. "Because of that, I should be off now. I need to work first before we get the money then get to pay the bills."

"I'll be off to work in a few too," I said and placed the bills on the table before eating breakfast, dad left after kissing my forehead goodbye.

I was scrolling through my phone when Evan called my name. I turned to look at him, he was wearing different clothes now, he showered, obviously since his hair was still wet.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked him.

"Out with some friends. I'll be home by dinner," he said as he tied his shoes.

I looked up at the clock and rolled my eyes, "You idiot, it's only 7 am. You're leaving this early and coming home late? I don't think so."

"Why do I have to listen to you? You're not my mom," he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Listen here, Evan," I said and stood up walking towards him and pushing him back down making him sit on the couch. "When dad's not here, I'm the one in charge, got it? Mom left us before you could even speak. I taught you how to do the basics, I am basically giving you money for your "needs". Now do as I say or you'll find yourself starving since I wouldn't be giving you money for school or any other stupid activities you do," I said and took my phone from the table. "Be here by 5 pm. That's the latest you could be outside."