He came in and and sat in the chair across from me. "Grayson?"

"Yep," I say softly.

He raised a brow at me. "As in my brother Grayson?"

"Yeah that's the one."

He cleared his throat. "Question, why is he sending you flowers?"

I shrug. "Kind gesture for my birthday I guess."

He seemed to be studying me. "Mmmhmm you guys are friends?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you like the flowers?" Alex questions.

"Yes they're beautiful."

"Do you like Grayson?" Alex questions again.

"Yeah he's a nice guy," I say suspiciously.

"Does he like you?"

I shrug. "I don't know, maybe you should ask him."

He nods. "I will. Now tell me, do you plan to see him later today?"

I sigh. "Alex, what's with this interrogation?"

Alex sighs. "Ana you know the rules."

I roll my eyes. "Alex we're just friends."

"Good."

With that he got up and left. I kept my mind focused on work. I tried to think of nothing else. I knew if I thought about my parents I would start to cry and I couldn't have that. I skipped through my lunch break. I didn't feel hungry anyways. I was reviewing some documents when I heard a knock on the door. Ugh can't I just do my work in peace? "Come in."

Alex walked through the door. "Did you eat lunch?"

"I wasn't hungry."

"You didn't eat breakfast," Alex stated.

"Like I said I wasn't hungry."

"Ana you should eat something. You don't look so well."

I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine Alex. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do." I directed my eyes back to my computer screen and I'm guessing Alex left. I stared at the time. It seemed as if the clock was moving in slow motion. Eventually my mind started to wander. A lump started forming in my throat. No Ana. Not here. I couldn't help it but think of my parents. The tears were stinging in my eyes and just waiting to spill. I try to hold them in but it's no use. I just sat there crying my eyes out. God I felt like such a baby. I began to hiccup from all my crying. My box of tissues were almost gone.

Suddenly the door swung open and there stood Alex holding a tray of food I'm guessing. I immediately stood up and quickly sucked in a breath and tried to wipe all my tears away.  Ugh why did I just stand? "Do you need something Alex?" I ask in a pleasant tone. I know I must look crazy right now.

"It's not healthy to keep your feelings in Ana," he said softly while setting a tray of food down on my desk.

"I'm not keeping my feelings in," I mutter.